cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

macnicol
Enthusiast

This is a "call to arms" for all of you Canon customers who have had this problem and have had their printers disabled because of it.  Please respond with the model of your printer and if you were able to fix it, what you did to fix it. 

We need to put pressure on Canon to respond this product defect.  It appears to be bad firmware that does not allow the user to override the problem and to continue to use the printer even in a degraded mode.  From my investigations the problem is NOT a printhead issue - no way one can be printing fine and then have this error alert without having changed the printhead or ink cartridges!

Canon, PLEASE take this issue seriously and provide a solution across the affected models.  If nothing else there should be a trade-in allowance for those printers that have been affected by this product defect.

I have had many Canon printers because they have superior functional specifications. I want to be able to continue using Canon products but only if I can have confidence that this product defect will not destroy my investment.

If Canon is unresponsive our next step should be to aggressively publisize this product defect on social media and on major product vendor outlet sites as negatives reviews.

Forum Users, please reply with your affected model number(s) and with details of any succdessful fix procedure.

1,478 REPLIES 1,478

MP830

Print Head error, and i spent $60 for new ink installed the entire set and the same error message. No solution from Canon so now I'm out the $400 paid for the machine and the and the $60 for the ink.

No wonder there stock is tanking..  Are there any successful solutions out there please? 

Only to purchase a new (not Canon) printer. Sorry.
Always hate to see corporate ripoffs by companies we used to trust.

I've had enough & have now ordered an Epson. Nothing I could do would fix the UO52 message so goodbye to my Canon MP600R and 10 new ink cartidges, they are off to the dump.

It is quite obvious that Canon couldn't give a " Monkeys " So I can't either.

Ta ta canon. 

My MX892 just got this error as soon as I took out the black cartridge

Count me in!!!!!

my MG5220 gave me the U052 and stopped working. I tried all known fixes and it still will not work. Canon support told me that I should just buy a new printer. That was their solution. Pretty good huh? What kind of support is that?

My MX 892 had the same Issue after about one year of small amount usege. I had tried to fix this problem many times follow the Canon  reseat instructions: unplugging the power source for 5-10 min, removing the ink and printer head and rinsing the printer head and reinstalling it, etc.  Nothing has worked.  Very disappointed in this product. I"m totally agree with every one else here this should be a recall for this issue. Canon have to taken serious action on it. If there is aclass lawsuit, count me in too.

Count me in.

This is no good by Cannon , My MG5350 printer keeps showing print head is incorrect, Error U502, Research all sorts of help on the internet, you tube , Cannon Sites, tried all cleaning and Factory reset my printer but nothing works, count me in on the law suit and let me know as I want to join it,

MP560 ALSO HAS THIS ISSUE I HAVE TWO OF THEM TIME FOR CANON TO STEP UP

Announcements