Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

it was but it was to fix a MP800.  And I guess yours will be deleted!

New Contributor

Did you do this with full ink cartridges? Will it or can it work without the cartridges in place? Thanks!

New Contributor

Canon MG7120 2yrs old. Hardly used. Was working fine then all of a sudden said print heads not aligned.
Occasional Contributor

I had an MX922. Tried everything suggested but no luck.  I no longer have the printer. I couldn't see taking up valuable desk space with a pile of useless plastic.

New Contributor

Add another to the pile.  Smiley Tongue

Got the U052 error on my MX892 last week.  Been looking for a solution, reading through this crazy long forum topic only to find that nothing seems to work to fix it.   Maybe there are solutions I've not yet tried (outside of ordering a new print head which I'm told rarely works to fix the problem).

This printer is at least 2 years old, so presumably out of warranty.   The error popped up after a power outage, which of course shut the printer off non-gracefully.   The printer always complained about not being shut down properly when it would boot back up,  but it's gone through at least a dozen power outages in the time I've had it, and this is the first time it decided to give me the 052 error when the power came back on. 

The worst part about this is that I use the scanner WAY more often than I actually use the printer part of the machine.   In fact I need to scan things now, but.... I can't.   Apparently because there is a problem with the printhead (or so the printer believes),  I am locked out of using any other functions like the scanner. 

Ugh.   So... now what do I do?   Unless I can find a solution that works I guess I'm forced to buy a new machine at the very least to do my scans. 

Frequent Contributor

The only solution that most of us have found is to dump the Canon printer and purchase a different brand printer.

A new print head won't fix the issue so put that money towards a new printer.

Canon just doesn't care.
Frequent Contributor

They ask for feedback in a survey and after you put your negative feedback you get a message saying your feedback can't be submitted.
New Contributor

CANON TRULY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS PRINTER CUSTOMERS.  IT HAS BEEN PROVEN NUMEROUS TIMES.  THE ONLY RECOURSE IS TO NEVER EVER BUY A CANON PRODUCT AGAIN.  SPREAD THE WORD !!