cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

macnicol
Enthusiast

This is a "call to arms" for all of you Canon customers who have had this problem and have had their printers disabled because of it.  Please respond with the model of your printer and if you were able to fix it, what you did to fix it. 

We need to put pressure on Canon to respond this product defect.  It appears to be bad firmware that does not allow the user to override the problem and to continue to use the printer even in a degraded mode.  From my investigations the problem is NOT a printhead issue - no way one can be printing fine and then have this error alert without having changed the printhead or ink cartridges!

Canon, PLEASE take this issue seriously and provide a solution across the affected models.  If nothing else there should be a trade-in allowance for those printers that have been affected by this product defect.

I have had many Canon printers because they have superior functional specifications. I want to be able to continue using Canon products but only if I can have confidence that this product defect will not destroy my investment.

If Canon is unresponsive our next step should be to aggressively publisize this product defect on social media and on major product vendor outlet sites as negatives reviews.

Forum Users, please reply with your affected model number(s) and with details of any succdessful fix procedure.

1,478 REPLIES 1,478

Canon about to close this forum subject??

And you believe this because?

Had brief problem with email alert........

mascapollo
Apprentice

I got this U052 error two days ago on my MG5320. I've contacted Canon support and they offered a 25% discount on a loyalty program or to send my printer to a service center. That "loyal" programs offers me a MG5520 printer for $114. You can buy that printer at Amazon for about $80. So the loyal program is not really loyal. I've haven't been offered for a replacement as others have said. I guess their printers are under warranty. I have to return to an old canon printer which has 9 years old (and a year turned off) to keep printing and it worked fine.

Regards

Put me on that list too !

a week ago, during pdf printing then error. As instruction Canon shows but still error !

It's a year and half old !  Running perfect untill magic error happens.

Canon guy ! Try to find and give us solution !

Like my new Avatar?  Everyone else should put theirs as their picture too... 

Upload your error!!

errorcanon.png

Great idea! How about putting something on YouTube too............... It looks like about half the recent postings have been deleted here. Wonder why? This morning I found 5 new posting notifications but there are only two when I get to the site to read them. I guess too many of us are upsetting Canon. GOOD!
Always hate to see corporate ripoffs by companies we used to trust.

gifgaffer
Apprentice

gifgaffer, happy the procedure worked for you. It did not for many, many other Canon printer owners.

I am sorry thought it may help others.
Announcements