Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

I own a perfectly good MP600 printer and just got the dreaded U052 printhead error immediately following replacing all my ink cartridges...funny how that worked. I called Canon and went through the "troubleshooting" steps. I did not work. I'm furious. This is a design flaw in the firmware and CANON SHOULD FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.

CANON...I'm waiting...

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, you have joined a thread of 15+ pages waiting for an answer. It's sad that they are ignoring the issue. I suppose that when the class action gets filed, it will be in their interest to wake up
Highlighted
New Contributor

Let's file a class-action suit.

I think 37,000 specific complaints across 16 different models for the U052 printhead issue.

I think it's warrented.

Who is with me?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

My MX860 stopped too with same error Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Contributor

Pixma 5320 and only just replaced the cartridges it came with....

PARDON ME,

I mostly use this printer for optical media printer but I've literally printed maybe 200 pages and maybe 15 DVDs. Still using original 225 cartridge and just replaced the other 226s. I am extremely frustrated and a bit shocked that such a poor design flaw could make it to market. I've reseated the print head multiple times and I have. I interest in paper jamming my way into a 200$ printer(although if I need to scan it's a clever bypass and I salute your creativeness.) my bets are on a poorly secured ribbon cable somewhere or perhaps it's the contacts themselves that are malfunctioning. I do know without any doubt it's a defect either in the execution of the printers design or a poorly designed printer. I'm guessing they saved a couple bucks by having the body then either a 110-120 or a 220 power supply popped on in the same printer. Maybe it's glitchy software... Regardless I'm surprised how little acknowledgment Canon has made on the thread. I'm curious to see how this plays out on their part because I have two canon dslrs and multiple lens. It I've been looking at those New Sony NEX-VG900 Full-Frame Interchangeable Lens Camcorder. Ah, remember Kodak? 3 years from now I hope that's not where canon is.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

As I posted in an individual topic, I may start Buyin-Using-Returning Canon Printers as much as I can until Canon realizes it is the customer that say what to do with his machine!!

Highlighted
New Contributor

There is a class action suit currently being filed.  Someone previously posted a link in this forum.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I could not find but thanx for information. I can wait until see the result and if I do not like, never it is late to start buy-use-return Canon Printers almost few times a week!!

If you have the link, pleas share Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Contributor

The next victim is my MG5350 that, today after sucessfully printing a few pages decided it no longer has the correct print head, displaying the U052 error message the printer is bearly 12months old. 

I called Canon customer service and they refered me to the local authorised repairer to have an assessment done, i called the repairer and she simply looked up the error code and told me i needed a new print head that would cost me more than the price of the printer..... How Recidulous. 

Hopefully this post will be treated the same as some previous, with an email from Canon telling me how i can arrange for a replacement printer. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Posting links is almost certainly against forum rules and the post would be removed But FYI, apparently Federman & Sherwood is investigating a class-action lawsuit against Canon Inc for faulty printheads and the U052 error.