cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

macnicol
Enthusiast

This is a "call to arms" for all of you Canon customers who have had this problem and have had their printers disabled because of it.  Please respond with the model of your printer and if you were able to fix it, what you did to fix it. 

We need to put pressure on Canon to respond this product defect.  It appears to be bad firmware that does not allow the user to override the problem and to continue to use the printer even in a degraded mode.  From my investigations the problem is NOT a printhead issue - no way one can be printing fine and then have this error alert without having changed the printhead or ink cartridges!

Canon, PLEASE take this issue seriously and provide a solution across the affected models.  If nothing else there should be a trade-in allowance for those printers that have been affected by this product defect.

I have had many Canon printers because they have superior functional specifications. I want to be able to continue using Canon products but only if I can have confidence that this product defect will not destroy my investment.

If Canon is unresponsive our next step should be to aggressively publisize this product defect on social media and on major product vendor outlet sites as negatives reviews.

Forum Users, please reply with your affected model number(s) and with details of any succdessful fix procedure.

1,478 REPLIES 1,478

Nothing here in my inbox either - I think this is a Canon scam.
I've seen this on other forums, there is a scandal then 'everyone' says its all OK now!
This thread has already been blitz with spam - now removed.....

I've heard nothing.

flash23
Contributor

Just checked my inbox too. No surprise ... nothing there!

Ha ha, so did I... 😉

Try this email... I got my replacement several weeks ago.   CanonForum@cits.canon.com, 

Tried canonfriends@cits.canon.com on 27 April - no reply.
I'll try CanonForum@cits.canon.com and let you kinow 🙂

Here is the immediate reply from CanonForum@cits.canon.com:

Dear Canon Forum Community Member,

Please DO NOT REPLY to this email address, as it is only for out going email from the Canon Forum.

We are very eager to hear from you, but to ensure we receive your message go to the Canon Forum (www.forums.usa.canon.com).

We look forward to your visiting us often!

The Canon Forum

I have an MX892 printer and get the above error. I do think I've made a 1000 prints total. Now.there is nothing I can do with the machine. I am completely locked out which is ridiculous for such a lightly used printer. Can you help me?

Unless you get the mysterious offer of a replacement from Canon, (highly unlikely) yours is on its way to landfill.
Always hate to see corporate ripoffs by companies we used to trust.

macnicol
Enthusiast

Appears that the forum moderator is deleting responses to this thread.

Last week I posted message that Canon had finally replaced my $450 MP960 with a $225 MG7120. 

The MG7120 is working OK and is almost as good as the MP960.

If you have received a replacement printer please post what your old printer model was and what model printer did you get as a replacement.

My MX720 was replaced with an MX922. It is a $99 printer on Amazon. It looks much lower budget than my original and the first one sent was bad, with the resend I had to switch out the printer head, inks, and trays....from thebad one sent...these were both refurbish printers, however, my original printer was not.   I can't say how I like the printer that Canon sent because the ink ran out after just a couple of printings, but first uses...not impressed...it is slower and noisier than my other...I have not used the other features, yet.  I should probably get doing that

Announcements