cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

macnicol
Enthusiast

This is a "call to arms" for all of you Canon customers who have had this problem and have had their printers disabled because of it.  Please respond with the model of your printer and if you were able to fix it, what you did to fix it. 

We need to put pressure on Canon to respond this product defect.  It appears to be bad firmware that does not allow the user to override the problem and to continue to use the printer even in a degraded mode.  From my investigations the problem is NOT a printhead issue - no way one can be printing fine and then have this error alert without having changed the printhead or ink cartridges!

Canon, PLEASE take this issue seriously and provide a solution across the affected models.  If nothing else there should be a trade-in allowance for those printers that have been affected by this product defect.

I have had many Canon printers because they have superior functional specifications. I want to be able to continue using Canon products but only if I can have confidence that this product defect will not destroy my investment.

If Canon is unresponsive our next step should be to aggressively publisize this product defect on social media and on major product vendor outlet sites as negatives reviews.

Forum Users, please reply with your affected model number(s) and with details of any succdessful fix procedure.

1,478 REPLIES 1,478

It is totally inappropriate to be using a forum like this to try to convert people to your faith.

Please stop doing it.

Sorry if I mis-lead you, I can not convert anyone, only God has that power.  Why are you so aftaid of God? I really would like to help you, I have never done anything wrong, I simply state how I approach any problem, my methods are not invasive, I simply say what I do to solve problems that I can't on my own.  That is no different than anyone giving alternate approaches, and I surely don't recommend any slander, or hurt towards anyone, even Canon, for I believe there is good in all people, even those who don't know it, what have you got to lose by asking God to help you?  Even if you don't believe you can ask, who knows you may even be answered before me.

PS. I notice you are polite and cordial, that is a sign of goodness in itself.

May God bless you

Jim

@thezillionthsue wrote:

It is totally inappropriate to be using a forum like this to try to convert people to your faith.

Please stop doing it.

The thing is, Jim, there is no sign whatsoever that either you or your God are making any difference to Canon's stance on this.

I could post at length on why I think your belief is - there is probably no polite way of putting this - rubbish, but this is totally the wrong forum.

Can I politely ask you again, please stop your constance references to God and suggesting people pray to God.

If you really believe that prayer is effective, perhaps you could instead use your time praying for world peace, rather than compensation from Canon for the effects of a wrong printhead error?

I should have mentioned that my Canon is a Pixma MG5220.  Headed for the next recycling event.

Ex_Customer
Apprentice

Just thought I'd add that U052 is happening in Europe as well. My MG5250 has ceased to be ...it is an ex-Pixma as of today.

Shame that I can't even use my scanner.

I'm sure many of the contributors to this thread are based in Europe.

I'm in the UK.

So this is what fixed mine.

It seems this error message might mean "printer head clogged".

I removed the printer head, which was pretty simple.

I then ran both sides alternating under water till there was little or no ink showing in the water. From the side where the ink goes in from the ink cartridge and comes out at the printer head.

The printer head side seems delicate so I patted that dry carefully. I also made sure the circuit board contact was dry before replacing the printer head.

Hope this helps.

BTC 1KaYjzwNtndnPdDAgYe43n9pR4tYAT7Y6y

Joel_P,

Nice that flushing out the print head fixed it for you. However, a fairly large number of people on this thread went so far as to replace their print heads with new ones and discovered that the U052 error either didn't go away or reappeared in short order.

Some people have done things that made the error disappear.. And then it reappeared later. So, let us know after a few hours of activity on your printer whether or not the error reappears.

KBeck

Kbeck +1. If you are trying to print something important, be ready to take your print job to Staples if it craps out...

I did all that flushing the printhead stuff, and it made no difference whatsoever.

Glad it has worked for one person, but it certainly didn't work for me.

Announcements