cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

macnicol
Enthusiast

This is a "call to arms" for all of you Canon customers who have had this problem and have had their printers disabled because of it.  Please respond with the model of your printer and if you were able to fix it, what you did to fix it. 

We need to put pressure on Canon to respond this product defect.  It appears to be bad firmware that does not allow the user to override the problem and to continue to use the printer even in a degraded mode.  From my investigations the problem is NOT a printhead issue - no way one can be printing fine and then have this error alert without having changed the printhead or ink cartridges!

Canon, PLEASE take this issue seriously and provide a solution across the affected models.  If nothing else there should be a trade-in allowance for those printers that have been affected by this product defect.

I have had many Canon printers because they have superior functional specifications. I want to be able to continue using Canon products but only if I can have confidence that this product defect will not destroy my investment.

If Canon is unresponsive our next step should be to aggressively publisize this product defect on social media and on major product vendor outlet sites as negatives reviews.

Forum Users, please reply with your affected model number(s) and with details of any succdessful fix procedure.

1,478 REPLIES 1,478

I believe that all the good honest people here simply seek the truth, Canon, a huge modern company with great wealth and expertise has to know the reason for U052 error message and they want and deserve to know the reason.  Not only that, they deserve a fix that can get these wonderful printers working again.  So once again I ask Canon to do the right thing, Please give the good and honest people access to a fix that will not only give us faith in Canon but give us the fine printer we paid for.

God bless

Jim

I got the Dreaded U052 error last month, after owning my MG 5320 printer a year and 1 month. I did not use it often only went through 3 sets of ink . I loved the printer but this is just wrong. Is there anyway to fix this without ordering a new printer head as they are almost as expensive as the printer was.

After reading over other post i guess i must buy a new printer, well Canon next time it will not be a Canon and i will not purchase another Canon product ever, and will inform family, friends, fellow workers and anyone i see looking at these printers when i am in the store my experience with them.

I think you have said what all of us are thinking, hit them where it hurts, $$$ when the share holders hear of this Canon will have to act, like it or not, this is the age of instant communications, news travels fast, bad news faster, don't give it, tell everyone, tell your Grandmother, shout it out for all to hear.

Listen Canon, on a clear cool night you will hear the hopeless cries of your customers pleading for help.

God bless all

Jim

jfs85635
Apprentice

I filed the form but would still like to know if and when a fix might become available. I too have ink to sell if I can't use it! Be understanding of those who are new to the community and are having this problem. It took me a while to locate this thread and then figure out how to find the most current message. I wonder if Canon sent out information to registered users who pruchased one of the affected printers? If not that should have been one of the settlement requirements.

You can take a gamble and purchase a new print head from Canon with the settlement $$$ you get. The price is about $50.00.

The catch is that Tech Support does NOT guarantee that the replacement will fix it. There are some Youtube instruction videos on cleaning out the old Print Head. But that's no guarantee either.

I no longer have sales receipt for the claim form, which sucks not sure how else i can prove i bought a mg 5320 at wal mart, can not recall if i filled out warranty or not. Such a shame. Canon i am disapointed

I don't think it would make a difference, Canon is Canon, the biggest and the best, too bad it went to their head, they just say no and we have to take it. all we can do is take our business else where. Too bad, as I look around my home I see all the wonderful products made by Canon and now I'll have to find a replacement for them since I know now and for sure Canon isn't going to do one thing to help us.

May God bless us and forgive them

Jim

Did you register the product on Canon's website! If so, that substitutes for the receipt!

I can not recall if i did or not, on most items i purchase i do that as soon as its out of box so maybe i did, as i get emails from canon from time to time and never purchased anything from there online store.

Announcements