cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

macnicol
Enthusiast

This is a "call to arms" for all of you Canon customers who have had this problem and have had their printers disabled because of it.  Please respond with the model of your printer and if you were able to fix it, what you did to fix it. 

We need to put pressure on Canon to respond this product defect.  It appears to be bad firmware that does not allow the user to override the problem and to continue to use the printer even in a degraded mode.  From my investigations the problem is NOT a printhead issue - no way one can be printing fine and then have this error alert without having changed the printhead or ink cartridges!

Canon, PLEASE take this issue seriously and provide a solution across the affected models.  If nothing else there should be a trade-in allowance for those printers that have been affected by this product defect.

I have had many Canon printers because they have superior functional specifications. I want to be able to continue using Canon products but only if I can have confidence that this product defect will not destroy my investment.

If Canon is unresponsive our next step should be to aggressively publisize this product defect on social media and on major product vendor outlet sites as negatives reviews.

Forum Users, please reply with your affected model number(s) and with details of any succdessful fix procedure.

1,478 REPLIES 1,478

Did you get anywhere on this?  

I suggest you read the thread!

Do you have any update? I have the MP 960 as well..

Interestingly, I had a small Canon camera - top notch - right after the waranty ran out, it got an error that when I googled it, was the same type of thing. No fixes. Not addressed by Canon. Nothing. Bummed because I've had like 4 Canon printers over the years and they've all been great. Only got new cause I'm a junkie 🙂  I've had this one for probably 10 years and just now getting this error.

savinglots
Contributor

I had this error with my canon printer that showed up one day with no warning.

Using my powers of deduction and understanding how power supplies work I found an easy solution to fix that that anyone can do in about 1 minute.

If you would like to know how to do it email me.

Removed email address per FORUM GUIDELINES

not a power supply problem. If you really do have a solution, please post it for everyone to see.

It would have been nice to have seen this post Monday, before I sent back my favored MX720...The MX920 is less than desirable...feel like I downgraded

I agree with macinol...if you have the fix...post it

Ok understood. I worked on mine but I dont know if it will work on all of yours but I sure hope so.

Didnt want to post it until I tried with a few people first to see if it worked on all.

Think I will buy some on ebay to see if it works.. so hold off on the resolved status to see if It works on others first.

Mabye I just got lucky

Why put forth the time and money to buy on ebay to see if it works. If you want compensation for it, contact Canon and make a deal for financial compensation if it works. I don't think you realize how much of a frustration this error has been to so many. We've lost too much time alone trying to troubleshoot. I received a replacement printer that we spent more hours troubleshooting only to find out it was defective and then await another replacement and deal with the difficulty of switching everything out...the print heads on the MX 922 do not come out with the ease of the MX720. If you think you have a solution for people...share it!

Smells like a con to me!
Announcements