cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

macnicol
Enthusiast

This is a "call to arms" for all of you Canon customers who have had this problem and have had their printers disabled because of it.  Please respond with the model of your printer and if you were able to fix it, what you did to fix it. 

We need to put pressure on Canon to respond this product defect.  It appears to be bad firmware that does not allow the user to override the problem and to continue to use the printer even in a degraded mode.  From my investigations the problem is NOT a printhead issue - no way one can be printing fine and then have this error alert without having changed the printhead or ink cartridges!

Canon, PLEASE take this issue seriously and provide a solution across the affected models.  If nothing else there should be a trade-in allowance for those printers that have been affected by this product defect.

I have had many Canon printers because they have superior functional specifications. I want to be able to continue using Canon products but only if I can have confidence that this product defect will not destroy my investment.

If Canon is unresponsive our next step should be to aggressively publisize this product defect on social media and on major product vendor outlet sites as negatives reviews.

Forum Users, please reply with your affected model number(s) and with details of any succdessful fix procedure.

1,478 REPLIES 1,478

Finish reading 🙂

PuppyLove,  Please give me a hint as to at what point in the thread they changed their method of dealing with this.  I do not have the time to read the rest of the posts.

Neither do most of us, but that isn't necessary. You can see by the last few pages no one is getting any help whatsoever and posts are being deleted often. Only one or two people in the very very beginning ever got any response or help.

I had already read the last 30 or so and had seen that it appeared they had changed their response from trying to help to basically saying we will give you a minimal discount on another product.  I, for one, would never buy another Canon printer if that was the best they could do.  

Product Expert are you Julius ? Replacement or repair may be needed...I decided replacement , only not with another Canon.

I have a new Canon MX895 that continues to have the error code U052 even after I've reset, cleaned and turned off the printer. I would like to think that this was an easy solution to fix but unfortunately it requires that I do not have a reliable printer as well as driving for and waiting for over 2 hours to get it fixed after paying for this privilege.
We now live in an environment where profit margin is more important than services or people.
Please Mister or Misses/ Miss can you solve THIS problem?

Kind Regards,

Rory

What a so easy say that contact our technical support...

I have MX882, first wifi won't work, few month later u502 printhead issue.

Disappoint, disappoint, disappoint!

I couldn't find anywhere a solution but bunch of disappointment.

What's a problem, simply wear and tear??

I did everything step by step as the page said to do.  I still have the same error.  I am not a happy camper since the printer was working fine until I decided to change all of the ink cartridges before I had any errors.  I have wasted $50 on ink that I can not use now because of the printerhead error.  The printhead looks great.  Nothing wrong with it.  Has Canon found a way to fix this yet?  I loved this printer.  

Someone has deleted a recent post on here.

If Canon are watching the thread, why don't they post on it and let us all know what is going on?

The lack of response or action is just making them look worse, if that was possible.

I guess this will probably be deleted too now 😞

me thinks the printer branch isnt one of the remarkbly rentable ones and they can certainly afford to lose as much as 20% of their customer base, worst case scenario, they will sell their branch. i mean the ones that have 0 problem with their printers arent even going to find out this thread exists, and im cetainly not going to throw away my Canon camera, just cause my printer died on me.

in the end you cant force Canon to actually listen, unless you actually win a suit. anyhow kudos for trying. im off to find a new cheap printing head alternatively to buy a HP multifunctional.

Announcements