cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

macnicol
Enthusiast

This is a "call to arms" for all of you Canon customers who have had this problem and have had their printers disabled because of it.  Please respond with the model of your printer and if you were able to fix it, what you did to fix it. 

We need to put pressure on Canon to respond this product defect.  It appears to be bad firmware that does not allow the user to override the problem and to continue to use the printer even in a degraded mode.  From my investigations the problem is NOT a printhead issue - no way one can be printing fine and then have this error alert without having changed the printhead or ink cartridges!

Canon, PLEASE take this issue seriously and provide a solution across the affected models.  If nothing else there should be a trade-in allowance for those printers that have been affected by this product defect.

I have had many Canon printers because they have superior functional specifications. I want to be able to continue using Canon products but only if I can have confidence that this product defect will not destroy my investment.

If Canon is unresponsive our next step should be to aggressively publisize this product defect on social media and on major product vendor outlet sites as negatives reviews.

Forum Users, please reply with your affected model number(s) and with details of any succdessful fix procedure.

1,478 REPLIES 1,478

kathryncnm
Apprentice

I have had my printer (MX850) for about 3 years and just received this message for the first time when i changed to "scan" mode.  It printed without a problem moments before.  I turned it off, then on.  I changed out the cartridges and still get the message.  

Expensive and failed fix. Now what?

New record. 12 posts deleted today

0 people's issues fixed

Now that's some award winning CS, as they like to say.  HA!

If there is someone reading this, don't worry. You can delete all you want. I got 3 seprate messages from peopl with the necessary info. You can refuse to help us but you can't stop us from taking that other step. Nice try.

If you are in this discussion, your next steps to remedy should be obvious.  Google these three keywords:  canon printer alleged 

Thankee. I wonder how this case is going now?

New record. 12 posts deleted today

0 people's issues fixed

Now that's some award winning CS, as they like to say.  HA!

Yup!  I got deleted -- AGAIN!!

This is a story for consumerist. I can imagine the higher ups will not like that PR and may take action to save face. Has anyone sent this story to them?

Go for it, dude!

bckspack
Apprentice

Has anything happened here?  I've got a MP960 that just came up with this error code and of course I'm stuck.  What's next?

Yes! I processed my claim IAW Canon website instructions. Court must approve settlement before payments are released. Scheduled Court Date is December 14, 2015. I sent in my claim. Now it's just a matter of patience.

GOOD GRIEF!!! It takes far less time to get the form and process the claim than it does to write all these bombastic posts!  Do the mature thing: TAKE ACTION! I'M PUTTING THIS ON HERE FOR THE LAST TIME:

Seeking Relief
To be eligible to obtain the relief described above, you must submit a completed Claim Form, with supporting documentation, on or before December 7, 2015. Claim Forms can be found at www.CanonInkjetPrinterSettlement.com, and can be submitted via that website, or by mail, facsimile or electronic mail. You can also obtain one by calling the Claims Administrator at 1-888-256-5633.

Announcements