cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

macnicol
Enthusiast

This is a "call to arms" for all of you Canon customers who have had this problem and have had their printers disabled because of it.  Please respond with the model of your printer and if you were able to fix it, what you did to fix it. 

We need to put pressure on Canon to respond this product defect.  It appears to be bad firmware that does not allow the user to override the problem and to continue to use the printer even in a degraded mode.  From my investigations the problem is NOT a printhead issue - no way one can be printing fine and then have this error alert without having changed the printhead or ink cartridges!

Canon, PLEASE take this issue seriously and provide a solution across the affected models.  If nothing else there should be a trade-in allowance for those printers that have been affected by this product defect.

I have had many Canon printers because they have superior functional specifications. I want to be able to continue using Canon products but only if I can have confidence that this product defect will not destroy my investment.

If Canon is unresponsive our next step should be to aggressively publisize this product defect on social media and on major product vendor outlet sites as negatives reviews.

Forum Users, please reply with your affected model number(s) and with details of any succdessful fix procedure.

1,478 REPLIES 1,478

mrsjenj
Apprentice

I wish I could return it ! I missed Amazon's window by a week! It is really frustrating.

AMAZON IS AMAZING!

I emailed them just to see and they made an exception for the return. They deducted $20 bucks but at least I am out that and not the $90 I paid for the POS.

Canon sent the printhead and I am returning to them, thanks but no thanks! 

tired
Apprentice

I had the same problem. Right in the middle of printing without warning of impending doom.  Canon offered me discount on new printer.  Thank you very much, but no thanks!  Count me in!

20% off of a printer that you can still buy for less on Amazon!

Ridiculous.  I think Canon is on their way to become the next Kodak.....

sjbone4u2c
Apprentice
I am too having the same issue with my MX700. I tried all the steps suggested by Canon with no luck. How do I go about a replacement?

You won't get one from Canon. Best bet is to try another brand. Brother seems to have a better attitude toward its customers.
Always hate to see corporate ripoffs by companies we used to trust.

realfoneguy
Contributor

Well I got my offer today to go for the loyalty program to get another printer. I declined and stated I would just go to the CEO and work down. No reason to mess with these support clowns. They can see they have an issue and will not addrtess it. So it will go out on social media as well. I want in on a class action providing I get more that $.02 for the trouble and I do not want a discount coupon. I want to push for a replacement of the printers we have at no cost to us as consumers. I want canon to answer to the charge of fraud or come up with a solution to this issue.

Oh my printer says my printhead is bad, but the support person says they do not recommend the printhead be changed. If this is the case, why do they make the printhead so easyily changed and why does the error say it's the printhead if there is some other issue. Prove it. Canon designed and released the printer. They know what the firmware does and the errors it will produce. PROVE I did something wrong, but I can prove Canon did.

Really frustrating when you keep getting the run around. FB post gets a reply saying to email through the form which I already did twice and was told to buy a new printer and got cut and paste replies. Then they told me to email directly which I did - twice- and got no replies. Each time you make a new FB post they reply then ignore it and it gets pushed pages and pages down past all the people posting camera shots.  Totally hidden and they probably figure they don't need to reply b/c its so buried.

If you get in touch with anyone higher up that actually comprehends the issue and doesnt cut and paste please let me know, I will do the same!

chfbyrtroy
Apprentice
I put my MX892 print head and cartridges in another still working MX892 printer and it performed flawlessly. So...it wasn't the print head. It's the printer hardware. So irritating!

"I put my MX892 print head and cartridges in another still working MX892 printer and it performed flawlessly. So...it wasn't the print head. It's the printer hardware. So irritating!"

Interesting -- what would be even more interesting would be if you took the print head and cartrides out of the working MX892 and put them into the one displaying the U052 error.  Will the error still be there?

Announcements