cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CD not a print option

AVGuy
Apprentice

I've been using an MX922 and My Image Garden for a couple of years to print onto CD's and DVD's with no problem. I updated my iMac to Sierra and couldn't print to discs anymore. I saw that Canon had updated the drivers for Sierra and installed those plus updated My Image Garden. Now when I try to print to CD the print dialog looks different and all I can choose from are different paper sizes. Disc is not a choice.

I've deleted the printer several times and reinstalled the drivers but get the same result. I remember something popped up about AirPrint and wonder if that has something to do with it. But I haven't found anything to turn AirPrint off.

Any suggestions? I print on discs for my clients and really don't like using a Sharpie for my labels.

16 REPLIES 16

Ramona
Authority

Hi AVGuy,

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of your My Image Garden main screen so we can see what you are seeing?  

Should you need more immediate assistance, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was able to reinstall the Canon MX922 and this time did not select AirPrint. When I pull up my Disc label in My Image Garden everything looks as it always has.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 8.34.49 AM.png

When I click print, the print dialog looks different than it has in the past. I was able to dig down and create a preset with the paper size of 4.7" x 4.7", which is the size of the disc. I can then select the media type as printable disc and paper source as disc tray. I thought that would work. But when I print the text is sized too large and prints larger than the disc.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 8.34.49 AM.png

I've tried using the proper size several times but it seems to revert to a larger paper size.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

could you assist me on the same problem ?

That was back awhile ago and I don't remember what I did to fix it. You can call Canon support and they should be able to help.

i un-checked airprint in the prefences for my image garden and now it works perfect. The correct print box came up with the dsic image option. Praise the Lord!! Took all day to figure this out.

i un-checked airprint in the prefences for my image garden and now it works perfect. The correct print box came up with the dsic image option. Praise the Lord!! Took all day to figure this out.

talla
Apprentice
were you able to sort this problem out - I have the same problem and urgently need to sort it out

Announcements