cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CD not a print option

AVGuy
Apprentice

I've been using an MX922 and My Image Garden for a couple of years to print onto CD's and DVD's with no problem. I updated my iMac to Sierra and couldn't print to discs anymore. I saw that Canon had updated the drivers for Sierra and installed those plus updated My Image Garden. Now when I try to print to CD the print dialog looks different and all I can choose from are different paper sizes. Disc is not a choice.

I've deleted the printer several times and reinstalled the drivers but get the same result. I remember something popped up about AirPrint and wonder if that has something to do with it. But I haven't found anything to turn AirPrint off.

Any suggestions? I print on discs for my clients and really don't like using a Sharpie for my labels.

16 REPLIES 16

davidmellor
Apprentice

I have this problem with an iP7250. I used it successfully on my Mac from a couple of years ago. Then I updated the OS and this problem happened. So I used it on Windows which was OK. Then I updated my Mac again and it worked. Now I have updated my Mac again and it doesn't work. So my warning is if you have  a Mac and this software works, don't expect it to work when you update the OS. I don't know the solution.

jerlgrain
Apprentice

Hello. I have been having similar problem as well. Was using disc printing just fine for a couple years. I updated Mac to High Sierra 10.13.6 with a clean install. Reinstalled all the latest drives and software from this link below. Designing the label looks the same. But when printing, instead of it showing a print preview of what the disc will look like, it takes you to the smaller print menu and I can only print to paper and not the disc on the disc tray.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

I tried selecting a few different OS options but seems to still show the latest drivers and software. Any way to use a prior driver or software to allow printing to the disc?

Thank you,

J

Hi, J!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello,

It is a Canon MX922 on the front. But shows as a Canon MX920 in the system settings. Screen shot of how it looks with driver below.

Also screen shot of version of Image Garden I have 3.6.2

Screenshot 2018-08-29 10.40.06.png

Screenshot 2018-08-29 10.42.44.png

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

On Catalina with IP7250 produces exactly this problem. Was there ever a general solution for this problem ???

hdvidguy
Apprentice
Announcements