cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON PIXMA TS8320 SCANNER ISSUES

DONNAJM
Apprentice

Hello,

I just received my new PIXMA TS8320. I was successful setting up the printer on my WIFI Router. I am able to print successfully using the software I had to install separately.

BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO USE THE SCANNER - VIA THE PRINTER IT SHOWS "LOCAL USB" OR "MY COMPUTER NAME" I select my COMPUTER NAME because it is setup on wireless. I do not have USB setup only wireless.

BUT I HAVE MY PRINTER SETUP WIRELESS. I CAN ALSO COPY TOO - AND IT SCANS BEFORE IT COPIES SUCCESSFULLY, BUT TO SCAN FROM THE PRINTER ITSELF IT DOES NOT WORK TO MY COMPUTER. HOW DO I SETUP THE SCANNER TO WORK WIRELESS TOO? IS IT ALREADY SETUP WHEN I SELECT MY COMPUTER NAME BECAUSE IT SEES IT>

I GET THE FOLLOWING ERROR:

"Cannot communicate with scanner.

ossible reasons:

Scanner is turned off.

-If using wire LAN connection, it is disconnected from the wired LAN.

-If using Wi-Fi connection, Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

-Network connection is prohibited by security software.

-Different scanner on the network is selected.

Please check and try again Click [Select Scanner]

if you want to select another scanner, Scanner driver will close

Code:2,157.50"

When I SELECT SCANNER, it shows me the TS8320 Series, but with an IPV6 IP ADDRESS instead of IPV4 ADDRESS I have no choices to switch it. WI-FI IS SET to 2.4 GHZ DOES MY COMPUTER HAVE TO BE ON THE SAME WIFI? 2.4 GHZ too for it to work?

I am using WI-FI 5. GHZ on my PC

The printer is on WI-FI 2.4 GHZ.

It does not make sense because I can PRINT photos and regular.

Any help would be great. 

I would like to upload the images of the errors but I do not see any options for that.

Thanks for your help

Donna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Actually - I found the problem. I set the WiFi to 2.4 GHZ and for some reason it did not work. Now I have it to 5 GHZ and it works now. Thanks, Donna

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try disabling the IPv6 setting for the printer.  Once this has been done, uninstall and reinstall the drivers on the PC to see if this will allow you to scan again.

To turn off iPv6, please perform the following:

1.  Press the OK button on the printer.
2.  Go to Device Settings and press OK.
3.  Go to LAN Settings and press OK.
4.  Go to Wi-Fi and press OK.
5.  Go to Advanced and press OK.  (Not "Advanced mode")
6.  Go to TCP/IP Settings and press OK.
7.  Choose IPv6 and press OK.  If you see a yes or no question, choose "Yes" and press OK.
8.  Choose Enable/disable and press OK.
9.  Choose Disable and press OK.

Once this has been done, uninstall the TS8300 series MP Drivers from the computer.  Then visit this link to download and reinstall the latest MP Drivers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Actually - I found the problem. I set the WiFi to 2.4 GHZ and for some reason it did not work. Now I have it to 5 GHZ and it works now. Thanks, Donna

Hi I just installed my new TS8320 printer and have a wired connection. I am able to copy pictures etc but not able to use the scanner alone. I uninstalled the drivers twice but when I go to use the IJScan Gear utility  I get a message that says :cannot communicate with scanner either scanner is turned off (its not) or USB cable is disconnected (its not) code 5, 156, 69 . Need help soon

Thanks

How do you switch from 2.4 ghz to 5ghz setting for wifi printing and scanning?

Announcements