cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRINTER TS6220 = ERROR CODE 2,157,50

SKYHIGH
Contributor

Dear Everyone,

I get this annoying error messages during scanning of documents with TS6220 printer. I have searched everywhere and can't find anywhere that the solution is posted. 

The printer is very near my ATT Router in the house.

I have installed the MD driver - md_win-ts6200-1_02-ea34.exe.

Sooo, we can't use the scanning feature of this printer. 

My connection is a wireless one and I can print documents with no problem at all and so this cannot be a network issue.

For quite sometime I have been using HP Photosmart Series but recently I ran into the problem of Printer Cartridge issues which HP does not have a solution for and I got upset and decided to switch to Canon Printer and once again a problem with scanning.

Please kindly help.

SKYHIGH.

12 REPLIES 12

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SKYHIGH,

The 2,157,50 error is an indication that security software that is installed on your computer is blocking the incoming data from the scanner.  Please temprarily disable the secuirty software on your computer and attmept to scan.  If you are able to, please allow the Canon software access through the security software so that you are able to scan in the future.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have ESET security software and tried to disable it and allow the cannon printer but I still got same error. I did not see a clean way to disable the ESET security software. 

Don't know if I should uninstall the package and retry. But a simple firewall should have done it.

Regards,

SKYHIGH

Dear Cannon Community,

I had temporarily disabled my ESET Security software to allow me verify that this software is responsible for the scanner error of communication that caused the error code of 2,157,50.

The error showed up after one page scan.

Is it possible to connect this printer with a hardwire so that I can scan documents. It looks like I may have to purchase another brand of printers that can allow me to scan.

I usedto own the HP Photosmart series and the carriage error drove me away from buying another HP. These kind of problems should be a piece of cake for a technology power house like Canon. You can simulate this problem and recreate and offer us the solution once and for all.

Please help.

Regards,

SKYHIGH

SKYHIGH
Contributor

cannon error_InPixio.png

Please Canon I have done everything that this error code asked to check and all are ok. Disabled the ESET Security hardware. Scanner/printer is justed located next to the router. WIFI signal is strong. I have uninstalled everything about HP printers in my DESKTOP. There are no other Scanners Connected. I switched to Canon from HP system believing that CANON is better but now struggle a LOT to scan documents for my work when I am telecommuting. It is very frustrating. Is a wired connection the best solution. Do not know if it can be connected via direct wiring. Please Canon help me.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did get hold of a Cannon Technical Support for this problem and here is what we did:

1) He obtained the IP address on the printer and entered same in a browser. Trying to reach the Printer that way and there was no response.

2) The next series steps are: Power off the printer, Power off the Router and Power off the desktop.

3) Now power on the printer, followed by the Router and the Desktop.

4) After printer, router and desktop is back online, try typing the IP address on the printer in the Browser URL Ex: 192.168.1.203

press enter and verify that there is communication via the IP to the Scanner.

5) Now you can now scan the pages of your document one at a time.

So this is how I have been using the printer to accomplish my scanning needs.

Don't like this approach because you have to keep shutting down all the time. I tried shutting down printer and desktop without the Router and this approach does not do the job. All three must be shut down.

SKYHIGH.

Juros
Apprentice

I have exactly the same problem now for years, and it keeps coming back, and I got no solution from Cannon.

najia786
Apprentice

Hello, I'm having this same exact problem when trying to scan. Any real resolution to this or are you guys still struggling too? I have tried to disable my firewall and antivirus but I still get the error. Please help!! I need to be able to scan from this printer 

Johnnybb2000
Apprentice

So annoying!! And it is down to Canon..... I have been desperately troubleshooting this issue, starting at Router, printer, Wifi, driver, PC, Anti-virus, Port allocations, Firewalls, etc. I then used the Windows 10 "Scan" standard app and it worked FIRST TIME! The Windows Scan function is very limited but absolutely proves it it is Canon's damned software!

Sort it out Canon???

Announcements