cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON PIXMA MG7520 MISALIGNED GRIDS,LETTERS AND BARCODES

faustocg
Apprentice

Hi I need your help, I hope you can give me a hand to fix my printer MG7520 PRINT NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN-page-001.jpg. I  removed the printhead from my canon mg7520 to flush it and after I put it back my printer started printing letters, bars and grids wrong I have attaced a pdf copy of my printer´s "print nozzles test pattern" so you can see what the problem is. Bellow are the steps I took to remove the print head I know step 5 is the cause because I did a test page before and the letter and grid printed OK.

1.- Dida a print nozzle check pattern (printed 100% clear and sharp but colors where missing/clogged)

2.- Open the display door of my printer, waited for the printhead/inktanks cart to move to the center

3.- Removed the ink tanks

4.- Open the small black door with the white CANON logo

5.- Hand push the headprint/inktank cart to the right just enough to be able to pull the lock to free the print head.

6.- Flushed the printhead

7.- Did al reverse steps to put it back together

8.- Printed a nozzle check pattern all black and color where back working but letters and grid got fuzzy,distorted, misalligned.

(Printer was ON all the time all the steps)

Best regards

7 REPLIES 7

quirkykim
Apprentice

Did you ever get an answer to this blurry issue the the PGBK ink? I have the exact issue and no matter what, it is still blurry!

Yes I contacted Canon support since I was in the warranty period they issued ups shipping tickets for me to send the printers to them and they sent me 2 new replacement printers NO cost at all for me. If you are having this problem after running the printers cleaning procedure it is due to damaged print head, if printer is out of warranty search on the web for a new print head  if the price is to high maybe it could be a good idea to look for another printer brand.

best regards

PS. Those replacement printers are now damaged (print heads again) so I will try to get replacement heads or change brand new ink tank printers seem like a good option.

Oh, dear. I am afraid I am out of warranty. I will look for a new print head. Ebay? Or, I can just do a search on it? I have never replaced a print head before.  I can't keep using it as it is. Thank you for the quick response.

Kim Banta

Hi, yes look for it at ebay or amazon be aware of vendor feedback and ratings and ask the vendor if all six colors work on the printerhead they are selling, because some will not print color or will not print black (low prices usually mean they are refurbished printheads, original new printheads cost more than the printer itself)

Im not a cert tech but this is what I have done to remove the printhead of my 2 MG7720 pixma printers

1.- With the printer turned ON I open the ink cartridges cover

2.- Wait for the printer's head to move to the center 

3.- Once in the center I unplug the power cable so the printerhead does not go back 

4.- Since there is no power the printhead remains almost at the center 

5.- remove all ink cartriges

6.- now with my hand a push the printhead a little bit to the left so it is centered 

7. in front of the printhead is a small white cover pulled down so you have access to the printehead (my printers are white so that is the color of this cover, in your printer should match the color of your printer could be black orange etc.)

8. in front of the print head you should see a bar with the color labels of  the inkcartridges, with both your index fingers one in the left and the other in the right pull this bar it should expand towards you

10.- now the printhead it is free to be pulled out of the printer

this guy posted this video be aware this is a 7750 but process is very similar

How to remove printhead Canon Pixma MG 7750 - YouTube

Thank you for the explanation. I have removed and cleaned the printhead. It is still printing the black fuzzy. I have looked for the QY6-0082 replacement printhead. I was very careful, and ordered one from a 4+ star site. It says it works on all colors and black. We will see! My model is a Canon MG6820. Most likely older than yours.

Hi great for you hope everything works out fine!

Good Luck!

Blurry printing or double printing with the PIXMA MG7520 will occur if the encoder/timing strip inside of the printer has a smudge.  Cleaning the encoder will resolve this issue.

To clean the encoder, please follow the steps in this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=ART163676

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements