cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON PIXMA LEAKING INK

EST011
Contributor

I recently changed the black catridge on my pixma printer and now all my prints have specs of ink at the edge of each sheet.

I noticed the sponge on the bottom of the ink catridge tray has ink as well... is this normal ? how do I get rid of the ink on my prints ?unnamed.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi EST011,

The item that you are referring to is where excess ink is deposited during printing, cleaning or purge operations.  Having ink in this area is normal.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.  Afraid you haven't givien us much to go on.

Printer model?

How old is it?

Etc?.

If the ink pad is saturated, you may continue to see speckles of ink on your prints.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thank you ! I am glad to be part of the community 🙂

Okay so its a PIXMA PRO -100. Just purchased in May, so i just ran out of the first auto ink catridge it came with. 

The ink pad is saturated, not sure if it was before and I just never noticed ? Is it normal for the ink pad to have some ink ?

Hi EST011,

The item that you are referring to is where excess ink is deposited during printing, cleaning or purge operations.  Having ink in this area is normal.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hello,

there is now residue ink on all of my prints.

not sure what is causing this ?Robot Sad

IMG_9158.JPG

Hi EST011,

Your PIXMA PRO-100 may require service.  Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Thank you, I will contact them.

EST011
Contributor

So, I contacted the Canon rep and he said my paper is too heavy for the pro-100 to print on. I have printed some only by standing right by the printer and manually feeding/forcing the paper for the roller to catch on and print... It's frustrating.

Does anyone have any reccomendations on printer settings for illustrator or Photoshop that would help the printer realize its a heavy paper ?

The paper is Cardstock with deckled edges... Should I just find a letterpress shop to print this ?? 

Has anyone printed on 5x7 cardstock on this printer ? 

IMG_3080.JPG

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements