Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

CANON P200 PIXMA...ERROR 5B00 AND INK ABSORBER PROBLEM HOW TO FIX?

CAN'T FIND SOLUTION...  ERROR STILL

ACTION  NONE.. SOLUTION NONE 

CANON P200 DID I NEED A RESETTER OR NO RESTTER? 

IS CANON P200 IS A DISPOSABLE PRINTER?

New Contributor

Re: CANON P200 PIXMA...ERROR 5B00 AND INK ABSORBER PROBLEM HOW TO FIX?

pls help me my canon p200  error 5B00 pls 

Super Contributor

Not familiar with the P200 model, but most printers have an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full. If you got an error regarding the waste ink absorber, you would need to look into taking the printer in to be serviced or replace it. Won't be able to fix it on your own.
New Contributor

Canon Pixma MG 2500 error 5B00 and ink absorber, how can i repair this.  printer will not print now

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi granparker,

The ink absorber is a part inside of your printer that absorbs excess ink used in the cleaning and printing operations.  Printing can be performed until the waste ink absorber becomes full.  When the message changes to indicate that the waste ink absorber is full, printing cannot be performed and the printer may need to be serviced.  The type of service needed for this printer can only be performed by a Canon Authorized Service Facility (ASF).

Canon recommends having the printer serviced before the absorber becomes full.  We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair.  Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure.  Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset.  Only an ASF can perform the necessary procedures to reset this counter.

Please keep in mind that the costs associated with having this service performed may exceed the cost of a brand new printer.

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.