cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON P200 PIXMA...ERROR 5B00 AND INK ABSORBER PROBLEM HOW TO FIX?

restie22
Apprentice

CAN'T FIND SOLUTION...  ERROR STILL

ACTION  NONE.. SOLUTION NONE 

CANON P200 DID I NEED A RESETTER OR NO RESTTER? 

IS CANON P200 IS A DISPOSABLE PRINTER?

10 REPLIES 10

harlou
Apprentice

pls help me my canon p200  error 5B00 pls 

Not familiar with the P200 model, but most printers have an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full. If you got an error regarding the waste ink absorber, you would need to look into taking the printer in to be serviced or replace it. Won't be able to fix it on your own.

Hello good morning.I have the same problem , I do all resetter but no effects,there is another solution to do this error?.There is is supplier of this board of cannon pixma p200?

Canon Pixma MG 2500 error 5B00 and ink absorber, how can i repair this.  printer will not print now

Hi granparker,

The ink absorber is a part inside of your printer that absorbs excess ink used in the cleaning and printing operations.  Printing can be performed until the waste ink absorber becomes full.  When the message changes to indicate that the waste ink absorber is full, printing cannot be performed and the printer may need to be serviced.  The type of service needed for this printer can only be performed by a Canon Authorized Service Facility (ASF).

Canon recommends having the printer serviced before the absorber becomes full.  We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair.  Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure.  Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset.  Only an ASF can perform the necessary procedures to reset this counter.

Please keep in mind that the costs associated with having this service performed may exceed the cost of a brand new printer.

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

A year age i had  brought a printer from canon that is pixma mg2570s model and now it  has encountered error code 1700 which exactily is related to ink absorber ... now when i replaced ink absorber the error didnt go away it stayed their i tried almost every thing i got canon service tool  v4905 still the error didnt resolved ... then  i simply returned canon service cennter and they told me pay about the amount which i could buy  a new printer of same company and same model ... is there any way to get out of this error or it is just a bussiness trick to make customers fool... i found some guy on youtube showing that replacing  eeprom ic can solve thiis problem i did it it worked but my problem is how many ic's i have to buy and replacing them 3 or 4 months .... i need to ask you some profissional way to get rid of this perminatly or a piece of software that can rid me out for certian amount of time ...

My Canon Mp560 showed the ink absorber pad full and stopped working. I found a website with a fix. I down loaded their program to my laptop and hooked my printer to the laptop and followed the instructions. Printer test and worked like new. I never replaced the absorber pads and have been printing for 6 months and so far no ink leakage. I keep the printer on sheet of plastic and a towel just in case. I know someday it William ink but till then it is fine. Sorry I can't remember the site to rest the counter but it is out there.

hello

where did you got that softwere, I have a canon MG2522 with that damned planed issue from factory, please let me know

jvaldiosera@yahoo.com

I am not sure of the site I used but I searched for ink absorber reset for my MP560. I found a site that listed all the printers and how to reset them, I had to download a program to my laptop then plug the printer in the laptop and run the program. I am still printing with no problems or ink leaking...yet.  Sorry I cant help more but the answer  is out there

Announcements