cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON MX330 WONT PRINT

kathysjones
Apprentice

AFTER I CHANGED MY BLACK INK CARTRIDGE MY PRINTER NO LONGER WILL PRINT AND WORKED FINE JUST BEFORE I CHANGED INK CARTRIDGE.  COLOR CARTRIDGE IS EMPTY BUT I DON'T PRINT WITH COLOR AND DON'T NEED COLOR

3 REPLIES 3

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi kathysjones,

If any of the ink cartridges are empty, they would need to be replaced if the printer is giving an out of ink error, even if they are not being used in the current print job.  The ain reason for this is that the inks not only put ink on the paper, but they also keep the print head from overheating.  If you only print black and do not print color, you may want to look into a laser printer as they are more cost effective for simple black and white only printing.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Any mention of this overheating print head protection should also include instructions on how to disable ink level warning detection - by pressing and holding the STOP button for 5 seconds (the button picture is an upside down triangle with a circle around it).

Inkjet printers are a dime a dozen and I do not believe I've ever seen one fail due to an overheating of the printhead.  Typically it is the paper feeding mechanism that has issues.  It would make more sense to have a car engine immediately shut down when the oil needs to be changed in my opinion. 

In any case, not knowing about that STOP button trick can prevent a user from squeezing that last bit of ink which he/she KNOWS is in the printer out to finish printing something important.  Of course, it can make it painful for that user to use recycled ink cartridges as well but at the end of the day is anyone really thinking about that? 

Holding the Stop button down for 5+ seconds did the trick.  My MX330 now prints B&W with just the B&W cartridge filled with ink.

Thank you !!!

Announcements