cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT install Canon MF 4880 software with Windows 7

DrMarieDC
Apprentice

I am attempting to wirelessly connect my laptop to a Canon MF4880 at my office.  The printer, which is an older model, is already connected to the desktop here (Windows XP) and has no problems.  The software that came with the printer is not compatible with Windows 7 which I have on my laptop.  I have worked on this countless hours and tried everything I can think of.  

I thought I found the answer today when I downloaded the Windows 7 drivers from this site (which I have done before) but this time I was prompted to allow them on my Firewall.  Still no luck.  I got as far as downloading the updated drivers, but when I run the setup, the printer doesn't show up on the network so I can't get further than that.

Could there be an issue with the sharing settings on the desktop??  I don't know what else do do. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi DrMarieDC.

I will be glad to assist you; however, I would like to ask a few more questions, if that is okay:

1. What is the IP Address of the printer?
  2. How is the printer connected to the computer that is working correctly?  Is it connected directly with a USB cable or wirelessly over the network?
  3. When you install the drivers, are you selecting USB or Network connection as the option?

I look forward to your reply with the requested information.  If you need immediate assistance, we recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrice,

Thank you for your response.  Here are the answers to your questions:

1.  IP address of the printer: 192.168.1.104

2. The printer is connected wirelessly over the network to the desktop that currently prints just fine

3.  When I install the drivers, I select Network connection.  That last time I tried this, the printer did not show up as available to connect over the network.  

Thank you for your reply DrMarieDC.

Please follow the instructions below to try and add the printer by configuring the port settings:

1. Open the printer folder.

From the [Start] menu, select [Devices and Printers].

2. Right-click the icon for the machine and select [Printer properties] (or [Properties]), then select the MF4800 Series UFRIILT.

3. Click the [Ports] tab.

4. Click [Add Port].

5. Select [Canon MFNP Port] for [Available port types] and click [New Port].

6. Click [Auto Detect].

NOTE
When you cannot perform Auto Detect:
  • Enter the IP address or MAC address of the machine manually.

7. Select the detected printer and click [Next].

8. Click [Add].

9. Click [Finish].

10. Click [Close].

11. Click [Apply], and then print.

If the error persists, I recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  The real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements