cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C, BK & Y not printing TS8020

harveyshot
Apprentice

I don't usually print color on my one year old printer (Pixma TS 8020) but was asked about printing color from an Amazon customer so I tried printing an image. It came out horrible. Did a Print Nozzle Check and found out the C, BK and Y are not printing at all.

I don't use the printer very often which may be part of the problem. It prints B&W documents just fine. I am also using after market inks. I have tried replacing the tanks, but it didn't help.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi harveyshot,

I recommend try a cleaning and if that does not resolve the issue a deep cleaning. Please click HERE for the steps.

The issue could also be cause by after market inks. Canon genuine inks are formulated specifically for use in our ultra-precise print head, which contains high density inkjet nozzles. If after market ink is used, it can cause issues with the print head.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all the cleaning steps multiple times. Three inks work fine, the three mentioned don't work at all. Since I rarley print color, it's probably from lack of use.

I'll be throwing this one out, and the next one I'll try to print the test print once a week.

Announcements