cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy again??/ would you purchase a Canon pixma mx490 if you had it to do all over again?

Deborahd13
Apprentice

The instructions are incomplete that come with the printer.  The website doesn't give you a phone number for help.  I called Best Buy and got a phone number for someone who barely spoke English who will have someone else call me back to help with set up.  A complete manual in the box when you buy product would solve this.  

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi there!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums and thanks for your post!

We're sorry you had issues with the installation of your PIXMA MX490. If you go to our website, www.usa.canon.com and click the "Contact" button at the top right corner, you'll be given a handful of questions so that our site knows who you're trying to contact, and then you'll be given the phone number to our 100% US-based technical support - 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). Our team is available Monday - Friday from 10AM to 10PM Eastern Time, excluding holidays, however we also have the option for 24 hour email support (also US-based). 

Here is a shortcut to our contact information and some information about your printer (along with the manual):

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx...

We hope this helps!

I returned it and bought a more user friendly HP. Canon needs to be more customer friendly. I worked on and off for 3 days trying to install my new printer. Who doesn't give detailed instructions to install. I will tell everyone I know not to buy a Canon. 

Deborahd13
Apprentice

The instructions that come with the pixma mx490 does not contain enough information for set up.  Where can I find a complete manual with detailed instructions to set up this printer?  i.e. what the heck do you do after you scan the barcode with your phone?  

Announcements