cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new MX922 won't print black ink

1dcsailor
Apprentice

I just recieved a new Pixma MX922 in the mail today from Amazon. I've got it up and running and I'm able to print color pictures and text but for whatever reason I can't print Anything black. Anybody have a solution? Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

1dcsailor
Apprentice

I figured it out guys. It was clogged print head. I used the excact method used in the video below to manually clean the print head and it worked. 

I'm not sure how a brand new printer can get a clogged print head that fast but I'm glad I got things working. Hope this helps someone.

I have had a similar probem printing PG black with my year-old MX922 for several weeks now. (Never had a pron;em before.). I have performed many many nozzle cleanings but get only a very slight improvement. I have been trying to figure out how to remove the printhead from several YouTube demos, but it asppears the printhead on my MX922 is not removable. Is that possible?

JudyGee

OOPs! I found a different video, which was dedicated to the mx922. I have removed, cleaned & replaced the printhead. Now to see if the printing has improved.....

NOPE!!! Just as bad as before. Performed another deep cleaning, but no improvement. If anything, worse than before. All the dye inks are fine. How come so many folks are having the same exact problem???? What do I do now?

Hi jbgrun,

Since the cleanings and deep cleanings have not resolved the issue, you can try performing a print head alignment on the unit by following the steps shown HERE to see if this will help.  Should the issue continue, the printer may require servicing; we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative HERE for further assistance.  A represenattive will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did you recommend the steps to perfrom alignment? I don't see anything.

Hi, jbgrun!

Ramona included links in her reply and we've changed them to all caps so they're easier to see.  You can also click HERE for the print head alignment.

Hope this helps!

Since my problem is with the PGBlack, no way I can see numbers/letters on the printout. Also, when I tried to resume the process, I get the letters starting with I, instead of retuning to A, B etc. This process assumes one can see SOMETHING--I see NOTHING where the PGBlack should be.

Hi jbgrun,

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-251M  magenta
CLI-251BK  black
CLI-251Y  yellow
PGI-250BK black
CLI-251C  cyan

Next, please print the nozzle check pattern to determine whether the ink is ejecting properly from the print head. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

3.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

4.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1.  Press the MENU button.

4-2.  Press the Setup button.

4-3.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this message.

If they differ, perform a few cleanings.  Please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning:

1.  Press the MENU button.

2.  Press the Setup button.

3.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

The cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements