cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Canon Printer Not Working... Error Code: 6000

RabidFox
Apprentice

Hi there. I have a Canon MG3200 printer that we just bought brand new not too long ago, however, it is giving us the following error code: 6000. A few days ago, we tried to print a photograph on special photographic paper. What ended up happening was as soon as the picture was done, the printer rolled it back into the machine and we couldn't get it. I had to turn the printer on its side and activate the lever to open it up. I had to grab the paper and gently pull it out. The machine is no longer jammed, but every since then we cannot get it to print anything new. The error message pops up and that's all.

It is a brand new printer. It really should work, so I have no idea what to do. I've tried unplugging the printer, turning it on and off, pressing the reset button, opened it up to see if there was still any problems inside the machine. However, none of these things have worked.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

RabidFox
Apprentice
Usually, I don't bump posts, but it's been five days and I'm not sure if I'm going to have to take the printer back or not. We may only have a set number of days to return it if we need to. Thanks.

Danny

Hi, RabidFox!

Our forum is designed for Canon owners to share solutions amongst each other.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help!  They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for your response.

Fortunately, I figured out my problem. What happened was after the paper jammed in the printer, it caused all of the pages to jam. All I had to do was pull them out a little. I didn't know they were jammed too. Now it works just fine.

Announcements