cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Canon Pixma MX922 Error Code inquiries

Anonymoususar
Apprentice

Hello,

I just recieved my Canon Pixma MX922 in the mail today, and after unboxing it and attempting to set it up, I get two errors; 
Error 6000, and Error 6001. Both codes just seem to alternate with which one shows up whenever I restart the printer, and I have no idea how to fix it as this is completely brand new. No paper has been inside of it, but when it starts up the printer makes a noise as if its searching for paper to use, I think.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'd like to not have to send it back for a replacement in this weather.

15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Have you removed all the tapes and things from the printer head?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The orange tapes? Yes I have. Unless there are some that aren't immediately visible after opening it. 

Maybe this can help.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/Is-there-a-resolution-for-error-support-code-600...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yeah I tried looking at that, but I can not find anything physically impeding it, so I'm just going to return it for another one.

I got the same thing with mine. Mine was shipped from Home Shopping Network 2 weeks ago. Canon Tech Support says they are shipping me a replacement because re-seating the print head did not fix the issue. Wonder how many more ppl have this same issue.

same here I got 5001 error.  cannon shipped out a replacement.  It's obiviosly a rebuilt printer.  So now I get 1401 error-printer head is installed.  Followed the meager instructions and printer head made a noise and all the ink cartrigdes came loose.  I'm thinking of demanding either a NEW printer or a refund and returing to my real old HP printer!  How do I install the ink?  It says to slide them in and press down and lights will appear.  When I press down it feels like the assembly will break.

HELP!

RichGyal
Apprentice
Same issue...I have spent an entire day trying to sort out this problem. Canon USA needs a better system if we are all having this issue. The printer is new, no obstruction of paper? its just stuck on 6000 or 6100. What do you do?

todd
Apprentice

Ditto.  Error codes 6000 and 6001 alternating with a brand new printer.

What do I do?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi todd,

The 6000 error is an indication that your PIXMA MX922 is experiencing an internal error. To resolve the 6000 error, please follow the following steps:

1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2. Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).

3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.

3-1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

3-2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from

inside the printer.

5. Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.

6. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

7. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

8. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

9. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

If the above procedure does not resolve the 6000 error, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements