cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borderless printing on Pixma G4210

Sandykay22
Apprentice

I jsut bought my Pixma G4210 today and I am very frustrated.  I have spent more than two hours playing with settings and searching the internet for answers!  I have it set for borderless - I have the margins set at 0.  I tried from both PowerPoint and Preview (I have a Mac) . My Epson does borderless printing just fine.  But no matter what setting I pick, I keep getting a white border around my 8 1/2 x 11 page.  What am I doing wrong with this printer?

5 REPLIES 5

BillS
Mentor

Hi Sandykay22,

If you are still getting margins even when printing borderless, you may need to increase the amount of extension.  I have included full instructions for doing so on a Mac HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

my problem is that my print menu does not look anything like the ones on the link (nor any in all of the things I have been googling.)  I am using Powerpoint for Mac and Preview.  I was able to find page set up and made it borderless in there.  But that didn't help.  I do not have a page extension button anywhere.  I really did try to follow the step by step instructions - but when I don't have the drop downs, I can't keep going.  

I don't understand why my mac looks nothing like any of the images in the canon tutorials... (it ahs looks like it does for years - and I keep it updated.

I bought this printed just for the borderless printing.  I need to get it figured out!

Hi Sandykay22,

Apple provides the Macintosh drivers for this model, so let's next delete and re-add the printer.

1. Click on the Apple logo in the upper left of your screen.

2. Select "System Preferences."

3. Select "Printers and Scanners."

4. Highlight the G4210 on the left side and click the "-" sign in the lower left.

5. Confirm the deletion.

6. Click the "+" sign in the lower left.

7. Select “Add Printer or Scanner.”

8. Select the "Bonjour Multifunction" connection type and the "G(Model #) series in the "Use" dropdown menu.

9. Press "Add."

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks - apparently I may need to call tomorrow.  I remember now having this problem with another printer and had to download a driver becasue it was going to airprint.  I am not sure what that means, but I did get the other printer to finally have the commands I needed.

For the latest instructions, I get all the way the the drop down for "use" and all that is there is airprint or secure airprint.  nothing else.  I tried both those otpions and things still looked the same.  I also tried reinstalling the driver through the set up link I downloaded but that didn't do anything.

For somereason I feel I need to figure out how to change the print box so it has the correct settings - but there seems to be no other otpions.  I have serached the computer for a drive to click on in hte drop down (as if does give me the option of software or other.  But there seems to be nothing I can put in that box...

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 6.08.47 PM.png

I finally had a chance to call in.  After an hour and a half, the technician (after checking his research and with the engineers, tells me it is not possible to print borderless (8.5 x 11) on a Mac.  So, he says that if that is a function I need, I will need to return the printer and go with a different printer... 

Announcements