cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry/shadowed printouts if selecting photo paper

rbuehlma
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG5420 (MG5450)

When selecting glossy photo paper, I get a blurry printout. It is better if I select mate photo paper. In case of "plain paper", the printout is perfectly fine.

I tried it on a normal sheet of paper, and als on a "Canon glossy photo paper everyday use" GP-501.

Here is a scan of three samples (all printed on GP-501, but the result is the same on plain paper), only the paper type in the print driver has been changed:

1st line: Mate photo paper

2nd line: Glossy photo paper

3rd line: plain paper

blurry.jpg

The paper feed was horizontally for this image.

I already tried to align the print headers, clean the transparent tape behind the head. Both did not help.

Do you have a hint what could be going wrong here?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Thanks for the very fast response!

In this case, lets call it Pixma MG5420, they are probably close enough if not the same. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an European support forum, or it is well hidden.

Can you give an advice on that model?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements