cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black ink smudge, what is going on here? How do I fix? MX420

tinkertron
Contributor

Before I go onto my rant, yes I bought new ink for both color and black. I am getting the same results.

I done every cleaning that the onboard system and my PC has to offer and nothing seems to clear up the problem!

After spending $80 on ink, I expect something to be done about this.

printresult.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

tinkertron
Contributor

I think I might have found the issue but would like someone from Canon to verfy if this might be the issue.

So I try looking into the dark and hard to see areas inside the printer and I saw this.

20171114_105039.jpg

I believe this is call an "Ink Absorber"???

Is there an disassemble for this MX420? Or how can I clean this?

So I called a locate printer repair company in my town, and these guys said, that you can try to clean the ink absorber area, but the only issue I have and they have too, is there is no easy way to access that area to get a good clean, or if anything replace any parts. I don't know if you all can tell, there is two absorber "pads" and between the two there is a piece of film plactic. In this picture it is coated in black ink, so when the head returns to the pads, it drags the left over ink over the heads which causes the ink to "spill" over onto other parts.

Like the repair company told me, you would think that companies like Canon would have a "hatch" access to this to make cleaning and/or repairs if needed.

They are turning me over to Laser printing, but my concern is should I stick with Canon brand, or move onto another company? It's bad enough, that you charge people out of the @ss for ink, nearly $80 everytime I run out. 

It's been over a week and still no responce from customer support and/or other customer. Is this a dead forum?

Hello Tinkertron! 

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Announcements