cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black dye ink / pigment ink TS8020

SuzAndy
Apprentice

Recently purchased this puppy for the pigment ink as many crafty places recommended a printer that uses pigment based ink for printing on fabric that is made specifically for inkjet printers. Fabric that will get washed every now and then. Anyway, I now understand that it will only use the (black) pigment ink tank if you select Plain Paper, not duplex, and the text is black. Question: apparently the printer knows I'm printing text and not an image? I am printing a black, white, and grey label with text over an image. One label is black text over a grey image on the white background. The second label is inverted - black background, grey image, and the white text left white. I suppose it would be to much to think I could get the durn printer to use the pigment ink on both, eh? On the inverted background as well as the text? So far my test runs have failed. My sister has an older canon and it passed with flying colors. I think hers has only one black tank and maybe the older ones all the colors were pigment??  Anyone know of a printer out there that I can make it use the pigment ink??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The pigment black tank is used when plain text documents are printed on plain paper.  If images or graphics are printed, the dye based tanks will be used.  There is no way around this.

If you need additional assistance or information, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The pigment black tank is used when plain text documents are printed on plain paper.  If images or graphics are printed, the dye based tanks will be used.  There is no way around this.

If you need additional assistance or information, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements