cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black and white only on disc printing

alinsdau
Contributor

Is there a way to set printing on discs (DVD/CD) to Black only? My MX922 is reporting all ink colors low but I only used black text on my CDs, no color at all.

The option to print in Gray is grayed out in the printing settings dropdown in Quailty/Media.

I'm using os 10.9.5 (Mavericks) printing with Easy-PhotoPrint EX.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi alinsdau,

When a media type other than plain paper is selected, a combination of the color inks will be used to print the image/text on the media; there is not a way to print using only the black ink in the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi alinsdau,

When a media type other than plain paper is selected, a combination of the color inks will be used to print the image/text on the media; there is not a way to print using only the black ink in the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Crud, that's unfortunate. That means I'm burning up all colors even though I'm only printing in black. That was my whole plan to save money by printing discs only in B&W. So much for that!

Announcements