cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Canon all-in-one that has fax, wireless, airprint? Need good photos and print on cardstock

sandrawolf
Apprentice

I just got my MX922 and wanted to print some photos.  I had no photo paper, but used Hammerhill inkjet 24 lb.  I was amazed at how poor the photo quality was!  Do you have to use photo paper to get good quality printing (vivid colors and sharp details)?  Or is there a setting that can improve the quality of color printing when I do not need photo paper copies?  This is major!!

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, sandrawolf!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

You may also want to verify that you're printing on the correct side of the photo paper.  The back is typically not receptive to the ink and your print may come out smudged or smeared.  Try flipping the paper over and printing on the correct side, and if this still produces poor print quality, please contact us at the locations above.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ramona
Authority

Hi sandrawolf,

So we can better assist you, please reply with the following information:

1.  What program are you printing the photos from?  

2.  What operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac)?

3.  If you take a known good image and make a color photocopy directly from the printer, is the print quality improved?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I use Windows 7, and the photos are jpg taken with my phone.  I have seen very good photos printed from these files from the computer, but it was on photo paper on a Dell printer and they were absolutely brilliant.  Some of them I have adjusted in Windows Picture Manager, and they looked better

When I looked at the paper package I saw that I had the paper turned upside down.  when I reversed it the copies were much better.

Any more suggestions?

Announcements