cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto On/Off TR8520

canontr8520
Apprentice

I have a TR8520 and have a question on the functioing of the panel.  I have disbaled auto-off and enabled power auto-on to keep the printer accessbile all the time.  However, I have learned that I cannot access the printer unless I keep the panel fully opened.  Is there a way to keep the panel closed and still access the printer remotely?  Seems silly that I must keep the printer panel open.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The operation panel will have to be opened completely in order for it to be able to print or copy.  Please ensure that the panel is open in order to avoid any errors.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The operation panel will have to be opened completely in order for it to be able to print or copy.  Please ensure that the panel is open in order to avoid any errors.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I agree. I just purchased the TS9521C from Canon directly and am surprised that the Operation Panel doesn't open automatically upon executing a print job. In fact, when opening/closing the Operations Panel, it feels like it's part of a motorized assembly. It does seem silly that we have a wireless/remote capable printer that requires you to be at the printer to use it. 

The printer I replaced was the MG5320 and that printer automatically opened the output tray upon printing. Am I missing something? Is there a setting on the TS9521C that will allow the Operation Panel to open automatically?

Looking forward to a solution.

Hi kennyed619.

The TS9521C does not have a setting for automatic opening to print.  The resistance when opening and closing it is a side-effect of the resistance-based mechanism used to keep the lid up when lifted.

Disappointing news, but I understand. Thank you.
Announcements