cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7520 Error Code 6004

smcdonald1969
Apprentice

Are there any reliable home printers in this world?

I have had absolutely the most frustrating time with printers over the last several years. I have been through numerous printers and every single one ends up with issues that are not able to be resolved. I can't tell you how many times I have had the companies send me new printers, and often times I lose the ink I had just purchased and installed. I did a lot of researching and asking around when 2 months ago my then current printer decided to quit functioning (this was the 3rd of that model I had been through). So after recommendations from friends and family I chose to switch to Canon. The end of September I purchased a Pixma TR7520. Today when I went to print (a double sided 3 page document) it printed the first page front and back, then the second page. Before I picked up the pages the printer sucked the second page back inside and immediately gave an error code (6004).. I have spent the last couple of hours trying to trouble-shoot this current issue. I finally gave up and called Canon and ultimately was told they cannot fix it and will need to send me a new printer (and I have to wait 3 to 5 business days to print and send the document I had needed to print today). This is the exact same scenario I have been through with HP and Dell in the last few years. I am so frustrated!

So, does anyone have a recommendation of a printer that will actually function the way it is supposed to function? One that is reliable and will do its job without shutting down on me within the first few months of ownership? I don't do anything taxing for a printer. I have printed less than 50 pages since I have owned this printer. That shouldn't be too much stress for it.

HELP!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi smcdonald1969,

Your experience with your PIXMA TR7520 is not typical.  We apologize for any difficulties that you encountered with your printer and we are sure that your replacement will perform up to or exceed your expectations.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Cannot see how it is not typical. My 2 year old TR7520 just did the same thing after printing two pages double sided. Code 6004. There is nothing inside the printer. All cables are good. All software is up to date.

Google the problem and page after page show the same issue. I have now had two Canon printers, both good Pixmas, that have had issues require service. The price is not worth that process.

Time to look at other brands I guess.

Announcements