cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to start ScanGear directly from a Windows 10 desktop and not go thru the IJ Scan Utility

Standy
Contributor

Is there any way to start ScanGear directly from a Windows 10 desktop and not go thru the IJ Scan Utility?   I prefer the way it was about 6 years ago. I hate this dumbed down approach.   Also, why do I have to go thru settings each and every time I want to change either the filename or destination?  In the old ScanGear, you could do that directly.  This it makes it vary hard to scan several documents one after the other.

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Hi Standy!

Welcome to the Canon Forum!  So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what  model printer you are using.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thank you!

Standy
Contributor

I am using a Pixma MX922 (just purchased).  The major use of the scanner is to scan documents for my records.  I usually scan a number of documents at a time with different descriptive filenames. Having each time I start a new document, I need to restart ScanGear, go to settings to set the filename, scan the document, close scangear, is cumbersome and a waste of time.  Besides that I can't check the pages before the file is created, to perhaps rotate one or even not convert one of the pages.   This process is so bad, I am sorely tempted to return the MX922 and get a new Epson WF-3640, eventhough the MX922 is a better printer.

Hi Standy,

Please try these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start button, select Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and the click on IJ Scan Utility to open that program.

2.  Click the Settings... button at the bottom.

3.  Click on the upper left hand tab at the top.

4.  Click on Document Scan on the left hand side.

5.  In the Save Settings section, next to Data Format, choose PDF (Multiple Pages).

6.  Place a checkmark next to "Check scan results".

7.  Click OK.

8.  Back in the IJ Scan Utilty, click the Document button.

You will scan all of your pages.  Once all of the scanning is complete, a new window will open and you will be able to rearrage the order and rotate the image before saving the PDF.

For more information regarding this, please view this page from the PIXMA MX922's On Line Manual from Canon's web site:

http://Canon.us/k6r7

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for solving one problem.  But I still have the bigger problems of filenames and having to restart ScanGear for each document.

Hello.

The file names can be controlled in the Settings menu of the IJ Scan Utility.  Go to the Scangear or Driver tab to adjust the output settings.

If you need additional assistance, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I knew that but that means extra keystrokes and time.  First go to the settings page and change the filename and then return to the scangear page.  Also, that means that I have to remember to go to the settings page. In the old Canon software, the filename was on the scangear page and you didn't have to think about and could quickly make the change in filename.

Announcements