cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After having lifted up the cover of my Canon Pixma MG5320, I cannot bring it back down to close.

Ted2007
Apprentice

The hinge seems to be stuck in "locked" position, and I cannot get the cover to go back down.  The screen 'reminds" me to close the cover.  Do not know what to do; this situation has not happened before.  There is no release button I could see.  I do not want to force it, then break the plastic hinge.   Did anyone have this kind of problem before?  Please advise; I shall appreciate your help, thank you! 

10 REPLIES 10

Ted2007
Apprentice

Few hours ago I asked a question Re: not able to close the "cover" of my Pixma MG5320 after having changed an ink cartridge, I should have said that it is the whole scanning unit/cover would not come down (somehow it was "locked" in the up position)---I need to clarify that for my earlier inquiry/help.  Thank you

Ramona
Authority

Hi Ted2007,

Please ensure that there are no obstructions near the hinges or around the printer that would prevent the cover from closing, then try to lift the cover up a little higher and then try to close it.  If you are still unable to close the cover, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your advice. My scanner cover is down

My printer did the same thing, and lifting higher, etc. did not work.  However, looking inside at the support end, there was a white toothed wheel.  I waited until the ink cartridges returned to their normal position, turned the printer off, and then wiggled that toothed wheel maybe a degree or two - and presto, the cover could then be lowered.

II have the Pixma 8700 with the same problem, but I cannot find a white toothed wheel. Any advice?

My printer is having the same problem - unbelievable that I this is going to result in a service call! There has got to be a way to have the hinge fold back on itself. What is the point of it locking into position. Lifting up is supposed to "unhinge" or unlock which part? A diagram would help.

Did you get it? I'm having the same problem with the Pixma 8700

Hello,

If the printer cover is unable to be closed after following the recommendations provided in this thread, the printer may require servicing; we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Apprentice
how to close canon pixma mg5320 cover
Announcements