cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adpbe XI installation clobbered my MX700. Now only prints PDFs and web & Word graphics

JerseyGeorge14
Apprentice

Adobe XI installation clobberd my MX700

Only now prints PDFs and some graphics on web pages or Word files on a Windows 7 64-bit PC.  Adobe states printer issues on Windwos 64 bit machines but offers no solutions.

Removed XI and restored X but problem remained.  Removed X and reinstalled XI again.

Reinstalled driver from Canon does not help.

Don't know what to try next.  Not much advice on Web

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi JerseyGeorge14,

I would like to have you print a nozzle check pattern from the printer to see if the inkjet nozzles are dispensing the ink correctly.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on, open the Paper Output Tray, and extend the Output Tray Extension.

2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray or the Front Tray.

3. Press the Feed Switch to select the paper source where you have loaded paper.

4. Print the nozzle check pattern.

(1) Press the Menu button.

(2) Press the or button to select Maintenance/settings, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance/settings screen is displayed.

(3) Press the or button to select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

(4) Press the or button to select Nozzle check and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

(5) Press the or button to select Yes and then press the OK button.  The nozzle check pattern is printed, and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately, as shown below.

Did the nozzle check pattern print correctly as shown above, including the PGBK black grid above the colors?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did thorough cleaning of Black Ink.  Fails blank ink test.  Looks like I will have to trash my MX700.  Best printer I have ever had.  No comperable Canon Printers I can find since I need a USB connection and most printers are pure wireless or ethernet.  Will try cleaning once more but Canon is probably dead.  All these years I have never had a paper jam on my MX700.  Can't say that for any other printer I have owned or used elsewhere.

JerseyGeorge14
Apprentice

1.  Print nozze test does NOT print black

2. However, PDF printiing prints black ink properly

3. Non-graphical print on Firefox prints but black graphics such as bar codes

4. Printer worked perfectly -- and just before -- Adobe XI  Reader was installed on 64-bit machine which it turns out the free version has problems on 64-bit machines

5. With just printer on can only copy if color is pressed.

So why can it print black for PDFs but not on the test or others?

Hi JerseyGeorge14,

When printing PDF files, photos and graphics, the printer uses a combination of the small black ink tank and the color inks in the unit to produce the text/image on the page, even if the document/image is in black and white.  When printing text in documents from applications like Microsoft Word, the large black ink tank (the PGBK ink) is used in the printer.  

Since the PGBK ink is not printing on the nozzle check pattern, we can perform a series of cleaning and deep cleanings on the printer to see if we can get the ink to print.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Performing Print Head Cleanings

If the ink still does not print after performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings, the printer will require servicing.  

Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements