cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Password

GLSmyth
Contributor

How do I find out the password that was sent to the printer? I need the admin password so that I can continue setup.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try here:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART171716#:~:text=Depending%20on%20the%20prin....

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Okay, it looks like I need to print the nozzle check pattern out (no idea why all of this is necessary in the first place).

How do I do this?  I tried doing so through the driver but instead it sent a file called Maintenance.prn to my Documents folder.  No idea how to open this file to see the super secret password that will allow me to simply get this printer working.

HELP!

george

Greetings,

Can you tell us the model of your "the printer" is and what OS you are using it with?

In addition, printing a nozzle test pattern doesn't send files to your my Documents folder.

George, you need to provide more information about your environment, the steps you are performing and any error information you are receiving,  in order for us to try and help.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I was finally able to get things working. I wish that there was something called Canon Technical Support to help people get their purchase going.

When I printed the nozzle test patters a file named Maintenance.prn appeared in the Documents folder. I opened it as text and it is an XML file that is indeed associated with the nozzle test. The file contains the following lines:
BJLSTART
@TestPrint=NozzleCheck
BJLEND

george
Announcements