cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

922 Quick Menu

jcaldw737
Contributor

We got a new desk top Windows 10 PC and the people who set it up did a good job with the drivers. We can print and scan.

But there is some other software that is missing. For example, on our laptop there is a folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon

with lots of goodies, in particular the quick menu.

Is there someplace where we can download this stuff?

Thanks, in advance, for anythig someon can do to help us!

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jcaldw737
Contributor
Thank you very much for the quick response and the welcome. I followed the link today but I wasn't sure about replacing the drivers because they appear to be working. Let me try again tomorrow.

You can just download the software you want. No need to reinstall driver if printer is functioning properly. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you very much!  I now have Quick Menu and Image Garden and photo and web print!

The printer shows up in Q M, but not the scanner yet.  I am working on that from Canon's instructions on the web, but I have been interrupted for what may be till this evening.  However, I did not want my appreciation of your getting me this far to wait till then.

THANKS AGAIN!  (I tried to give you kudos, but I am not sure if that "took" yet.)

Just to try to be sure I am on the same page with you:

With your wonderful help I have been able to get Quick Menu running.

But I don’t see anything about scanning.

Clicking the button at the lower right corner I went to Main Menu.

The row there for Scan was empty.

Clicking a little icon near the lower right corner, I got to preferences.

Printer was set to “Canon MX920 series printer”

Scanner was blank and its drop down list was also blank.

So I tried to follow the instructions at

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/QuickMenu/M/1.7/EN/QM/qm_07.html#QM_07_02

Btw I am using windows 10

typing “system preferences” leads me to control panel

choosing “Devices and Printers” shows me a list which includes

Canon MX920 series FAX

Canon MX920 series Printer WS

But nothing about a scanner

When I click “Add a device” or “Add a printer” nothing involving MX920 shows up

Just for fun, I clicked “Start scan” in the menu near the top, the scanner worked perfectly!

Btw, “Canon MX920 series Printer WS “ was selected at the time

What to do?

I have an MX472 and Pro-100, so things may be a little different, but I have software called Canon IJ Scan Utility. Had it for years, but I assume it was installed by the printer installation software package.

I am confused wny your MX922 doesn't sow up in Devices and Printers, like my two printers do.

Annotation 2020-06-18 095220.jpg

The WS version of the printer is actually a Microsoft driver. It has limited capability compared to the Canon driver but it ensures that basic printing functions are available.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/What-is-quot-WS-quot/td-p/83136

If you look in Programs and Features do you see an entry for the MX922 printer driver?

Annotation 2020-06-18 100523.jpg

You could download an install the latest Canon driver from that page and re-install the printer.

If you are unsure about doing that on your own you could give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON and they could walk you through things.

If you don't have the Canon driver you won't be able to access paper choices and profiles if you want to be printing photos.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Once again my thanks for such a speedy and informative response!  It appears that my scheule may delay my study of it till this evening.

Announcements