cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

800 lbs. of gorilla in the room.

PeacockFeather
Contributor

I'm no computer tech. I've been wrong about  a lot of things in my life.. I've looked into all the forum pages here, on the web, in the manual and I seem to see the problem everywhere. Many of the models in the last few years have had their scannng function disrupted by latest Microsoft updates. I've seen dozens of solutions proprosed in these pages, none of which seem to work, at least not for me. I've done all the driver updates suggested. No help!

What I've come to believe is that there ARE NO current drivers for some of these models, in spite of the forum support  staff that will pretend that there are.:

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, PeacockFeather!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using and which version of Windows is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have already had this discussion with ArthurJ. When the discussion gets to  a certain place, It stops when I get to downloading a correct driver, it fails to load. Just for a kick let's go that route one more time. It's a MG5220 multi-function. Printing works fine, but I can no longer scan. Runninng Windows 10.

jI've been referred to the 1.05 driver. Then I get a pop--up saying the 5220  is not usable with this set. Well, it lists a set of models that the package CAN be. used with, no list for 5220. If you search through these pages, you'll find a lot of peoplle with the same problem..

Not trying to be a pain. Just need a solution.

Announcements