cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7x10 borderless not printing on TS8220

OldFalcon
Contributor

I had to replace a printer. Was excited to see 7x10 borderless printing in the menues. However, I cannot get a borderless print! I am using an iMacMini, latest OSX, Pages-Apple's app, and so for, no luck. Anyone have any clues? I have been through the menues several times now and no joy!

4 REPLIES 4

OldFalcon
Contributor

Well, an update is in order. I have one app that will print 7x10 borderless. Swift Publisher 5 will do it. Also, it may be the case that one has to use the AirPrint driver. This is an MacOSX thing?? Anyway, when you go into System Preferences>Printers & Scanners, when you add the printer, there is a choice clear down at the bottom for AirPrint. The other options doesn't seem to work. It doesn't even show 7x10 as an option in the paper choice. 

Will check further, of course. 

Further update. Photoshop Elements 2019 will also do 7"by10" borderless. It might be a matter of getting the right options checked, which I sometimes miss!Smiley Frustrated

If you are running a Mac on Mohave, you are using AirPrint as the printer driver. It has limited the options for what kinds of things you can do. No more independent paper profiles and some other issues. My opinion is Apple has dumbed it down, because too many variables are too confusing to most of us.

The issue turns out to be that the vertical alignment is off. I print cards on 7x10 borderless paper, as noted in discussion. The page when printed is about 1/4" off. Put another way, a 5x7 photo will not cover the whole 5x7 that I have set up. There is a 1/8" inch gap at the fold line of the card. This is an issue in all other printing that I do. All photos or layouts are not right. Anyone else have this issue?
Announcements