cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Alignment Page Prints Off Paper

jdowell
Apprentice

I installed new Canon cartridges today and now I can't get my MG3620 aligned.  The automatic gave me error code 2900, I cleaned the print heads and there's not anything wrong with them.  I tried manual alignment and the third page prints the W, X, Y and Z columns off the bottom of the page so you can't see them to make selections to enter.  Only about 2/3 of the letters show on the paper and the rest ran off it.  How do I get it aligned?  It's obviously way off.  I've already tried taking the cartridges out and putting them back in again.  Phone support is closed.  I found an email contact form on the site when using my phone, but it doesn't give me the submit button, and I can't find this contact form on the site from a computer.  Beyond frustrated.

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jdowell,

Based on your description of the issue, it would appear as though the encoder/timing strip in your PIXMA MG3620 is dirty or smudged and would need to be cleaned.  To clean the encoder/timing strip, please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article available from Canon's web site:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164472

After cleaning, please attempt to print again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The Encoer Film did not appear to have any smudges, but I went ahead and followed the cleaning instructions anyway.  There was the faintest bit of dust on the cotton swabs and that was it.  Wiped with swabs dipped in clean water and then dry swabs and tried a test page again.  Still goofed up.  Ran the automatic alignment and got the same error code 2900.  Did a nozzle check and it came out perfect, no issues with clogged nozzles.  Please explain to me how my printer could work just fine, other than faint prints because of low ink, I replace the cartridges with Canon cartridges and suddenly I have a major problem?  What do I try next?

When you print a document, how does the document print?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jdowell
Apprentice
When I printed a test page it prints with vertical "shadows", like each letter is printed multiple times overlapping each other. Or like they're “sliding" down the page.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Announcements