cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,250,200 scan error code

xhibit4
Contributor

MG6620 printer out of the blue will not scan thru the scan utilty but will scan from the printer touch screen. Have done a reset from printer multiple times, unplugged and let power drain & re-connected the wirelesss conection to the computer. It is not the wireless coneection as I can print a word document. Doucument, photo & Auto all give this message: "An error has occured. Turn of device & then back on. Scanner driver will be closed." Any help would be appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18

Hello.

This error may have been caused by a recent update to the computer or to firewall/anti-spware programs on the computer.  for testing purposes, try to temporarily disable any firewall ar anti-spyware utilities that are running.  Then try scanning again.  Does the same error occur once this has been done?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Webroot completely disabled, windows defender was turned off when Webroot was installed as to not have a double firewall. Still same error message & I still am able to print wirelssly a Word document so the wireless connection is active.

Was with Canon Tech support three times, uninstalled and reinstalled all software and drivers. Can scan from the Canon print app on my Note 9 but still get the same error message when using the Scan Utility from my Dell desktop.. Was told by last Tech to call either Dell or Microsoft, which I found unacceptable concidering it is not a one-off, only my actual printer issue but affects multiple Canon printer users.

TNesler
Apprentice
Similar error on a MG3600 printer. Windows 10 laptop. I tried using a direct connection to the printer via USB and it did not help. I would hate to have to stop using my scanner.

R678
Apprentice

I have had this problem with an MG6200 set up over a wired network over the past few weeks.  Also Windows 10. Sometimes turning both the printer off and on and restarting MP Navigator has worked, but not reliably. 

I have however had 100% success (to date) by opening the windows Devices and Printers dialog, (Control panel/Allcontrol panel items/Devices and Printers), right clicking on the printer icon, and selecting 'Start Scan'  from the popup menu that appears.   This bypasses MP Navigator altogether.

You can then save the scans to a folder and open them in MP Navigator if you want to through the 'View and Use / Specify Folder" options.

My scanner never works from the printer control panel.  That specifies the attached PC as 'Local (USB)" even though there is no USB cable attached to it, and I can't find a way to correct it.

Seems to me the problem is definitely a bug in MP Navigator, though I don't know why it has only just manifested

I am confused.  I don't see the "start scan option when I right click on my printer.

Canon dialog.JPG

Is this because I have a different printer?

Not sure. The menu on your screenshot doen't contain any scanner related options.  I see a similar menu when click on one of the Canon printer icons. I presume you have tried the other?

Below is the menu I see when I right  click the Canon ....Printer WS icon.

Printer screenshot 120120.png

xhibit4
Contributor

I ended up connecting my MG6620 to my desktop with a USB cable & am able to use the Scan utilty.

xhibit4
Contributor
Thank you for the update, Canon should have been preemptive & let us know instead they passed the ball.
Announcements