cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1403 error code

montana406
Apprentice

I'm just another one of the frustrated Canon printer users with the 1403 error code. Looks like I'm not alone. Have attempted all the fixes on this support forum, youtube, etc. I have a Pixma MX922 printer.

About a year ago began getting B200 errors but had a fix for that. This seems to be unfixable.  I really resent spending time researching this problem that appeared out of nowhere. All ink cartridges are full and pads are clean. Attempted to pull printhead out of printer but won't budge. I give up.

9 REPLIES 9

ZukeMan
Apprentice

I’m not sure if your printer has the same type of printhead as mine. But I just wanted to pass this on to you. Were you able to get the carriage to center itself for printhead removal? By holding the stop button it will center itself. Then remove all the cartridges, After that you need to pull the draw that is located where the ink cartridges set on. It’s the plastic bar that has the ink color code on it. You need to pull this firmly like a draw and it will move about 1/2 inch to the front. Mine takes a lil force to move. After reach in and grab the head and it should almost roll out. Like it’s trying to go upside down. Good luck. Nothing I tried to do would clear the fatal 1403 code. 

I wanted to get the following text out there somewhere. 

Canon needs to fix error code 1403. Error code 1403, “Printhead is incorrect” is a ridiculous choice of words to use. This is the original printhead! This incorrect printhead worked an hour ago. Other users have replaced the printhead at a tremendous cost only to find out that it did not fix the printer. How convenient that the only true option now is to replace the whole printer. Maybe we need a class Action lawsuit to get canon to finally fix this convenient money making code!! This is bull. I’m starting to really think we are all being manipulated by these printer manufacturers. Let’s take it back to court!! 

Hi ZukeMan,

The 1403 error is an indication that there is an error with either the printhead or with an internal part.

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ZukeMan
Apprentice
I did contact canon tech in April and if I remember correctly the fix was to bring it into a repair facility. Where I already knew the cost would be more than the printer’s value. So NO I won’t be doing that!

brandid619
Apprentice
I am struggling with the same fatal error!!! Grrrrr I just used my printer yesterday. I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips and nothing!! Nothing on this thing is after market I'm so dang frustrated! We should at least be able to access the menu option or troubleshoot online!! Class action!!!

Mamicita03
Apprentice
I agree. I contacted Canon yesterday and was told my printer is unfixable with this error. Had it a year and a half and barely used it. They offered no help or replacement. Their customer service was terrible, even though they know this is an issue, a mechanical and software glitch with malfunctioning and giving error code 1403, as they had the same problem with an earlier version and settled that class action lawsuit out of court.

Mamicita03
Apprentice
I contacted them yesterday and they have no fix for it now. They said they cannot repair it and said a local repair person would most likely not be able to, either...basically told me to add another heap of plastic to the landfill.

Mamicita03
Apprentice
That is why there was a class action suit on an earlier printer with same printhead malfunction code 1403...Canon could not fix and any repairs anybody else might be able to do cost more than the printer. At least own up to your mistake and make it right. Instead, they are just “deny, deny, deny”!

This is just another example of built in obsolescence, the printer manufacturers contrive to make our printers fail after a given time (always out of warrantee) to force us to buy a new printer.

It seems that Epson, Canon and HP are all at this game, there is actually nothing wrong with the printhead, yet the printer will not work.

I have someone in the far east dissasebling the internal codes to find out how this error is generated, if it's as I suspect I will conatct as many cusmers as I can to start a class action against Canon to reimburse those affacted by this scandalous practice.

Good Evening. What the status on this?

Announcements