cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 7 64 bit does not detect canon powershot A2500

cassiedixon
Contributor

I am beyond frustrated. My compaq laptop (6 months old) always worked fine w/ my old Kodak digital cam. I ordered this new canon for the xmas holidays. Yesterday I tried to connect the camera to the computer, but I keep getting error 43. I downloaded the suggested Zoom browser and its extention file from canono, nothing!!! My drivers are updated (new, but I still checked)... I wish I had took holiday pics w/ old camera as I at least would have the pics by now.

And for the record I removed all the Kodak software from my pc...

Any suggestions???

cassie

9 REPLIES 9

smack53
Mentor

Cassie,

Have you tried to take the memory card out and insert it into the SD card reader on the laptop?  You should at least be able to copy the photos onto the computer that way. The laptop should see the card as another drive. It doesn't resolve the software issue, but at least you can enjoy the photos.

Smack53

This lap top does not have a place to insert the memory card...

@cassiedixon wrote:

This lap top does not have a place to insert the memory card...

Really? Every laptop or netbook I've purchased over the last eight years (four of them) had an SD card slot. I don't think I've seen one lately without it.

lol, I do not see one at all. it is a compaq I bought at wal-mart for about #300

On my laptop, the card slot is under the keyboard. Usually it's on the side of the laptop, but on this one they put it on the front. Also, the card only goes part way in, so the slot is not as deep.

Smack53

I have no memory slot on this laptop. I also feel that there must bee a bigger issue. I wish I had not even bought this camera now. I am going to start back to using the Kodak. Atleast I will be able to upload my pics:(

Mykolas
Authority

cassiedixon,

Please check the Device Manager to determine if your camera is being recognized by Windows properly by following these steps:

1. Connect the camera and power it on.
  2. Click on the Start button.
  3. Click on Computer.
  4. Click on System Properties.
  5. Click on Device Manager.

Do you see anything listed under Portable Devices or Imaging Devices?

If so, what is listed there?

Do you see any "!" or "?" anywhere in the device manager?

If so, where are they and what is listed next to them?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

When I turn on the camera and plug it up I hear the noise, then get unrecognized device error 43. When I go to the device manager it states that there is an unknown device w/ a triangle & yellow !

I then hit troubleshoot and get the following: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) & if I then hit additional it scans again and then states: Unknown device is not working properly!

This is a brand new Canon camera that has only had 11 pics taken on it. This is ridiculous. I just bought a cheap tablet so i can upload pics very easy, but it will not give me the resolution a camera will - which is why I bought the Canon.

Hi Cassie,

If you have the Kodak software intalled, it's likely that this issue is caused by a conflict between that that software and the Canon software.

To try to get around this:  Take a look at the bottom-right of your display.  You'll see the time in the system tray. To the left of the time, you'll see some icons.  Normally, with Windows 7, you'll need to click on the "^" to see the icons.

As you pass your mouse pointer over the icons, you'll see the name of the software.  If you see "Kodak Easyshare" (or other imaging) software, right-click on this program, and choose "Exit".

You'll also want to exit any non-Canon software that deals with software for digital imaging, including image transfer and image editing.

If the issue persists, please contact us.  When you do, please include your Windows 7 64-bit operating system as well as the Kodak software (if it's installed).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements