cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi photo transfer not working

Robotomo
Apprentice

hello.

i have recently got a powershot sx610HS, and it works great! only problem is i can't get my photos on my computer because when i set up the wifi transfer function on my camera, it doesn't show up on my computer. any solutions?

also, my camera didn't come with a wire to transfer the photos that way so i have no choice but to do it over wifi

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Robotomowrote:

hello.

i have recently got a powershot sx610HS, and it works great! only problem is i can't get my photos on my computer because when i set up the wifi transfer function on my camera, it doesn't show up on my computer. any solutions?

also, my camera didn't come with a wire to transfer the photos that way so i have no choice but to do it over wifi

There are three ways to transfer the photos, only one of which is Wi-Fi.  You can also use a USB cable, or a card reader.

Make sure your camera is set for Wi-Fi mode, not USB mode.  It does not know how to switch modes by itself.  In general, point and shoot cameras do not come with a USB cable, mainly because of the add cost in a highly competitive market, but also because must customers already own another device with a compatible cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

dbhuff49
Contributor
Short answer is Canon's software sucks. I have the SX60 HS and the only way I can xfer files to laptop is via cable or pull the card and insert it in my laptop. Software works to transfer to phone via wifi then second transfer from phone via wifi to computer.

The phone doesn't have a lot of memory so I don't like moving a few files at a time to the phone. I find it faster to use the cable.

If you don't have a cable you can get one from best buy, Walmart, etc. for just a few bucks.

kewkew34
Contributor

We had this issue with the SX530 HS I just received. Very frustrating. The cord I had for my last camera didn't fit. The WiFi connection wouldn't connect. I ended up getting a card reader as a part of an accessories pack and it worked. 

Announcements