cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

was working fine, last couple days "Cannot log in to Web service..." (FB)

benji888
Apprentice

Cannon powershot elph 320 hs, been uploading to FB using wifi for months just fine, now getting this error:

"Communication error

Cannot log in to Web service

Connect PC, use supplied

software to make settings again"

This is only for FB, it works fine for cannon image gateway, so nothing wrong with the connection, this error comes up while trying to log in to facebook (FB logo "Connecting to server"...).

So, tried installing software updates on computer and camera.

Tried taking facebook connection off and then put on camera again with computer USB connection.

Nothing helps.

Anyone know what's up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I went back into the software on the computer, unlinked FB, went back, made sure it was deleted from camera, then I went back in and linked FB, save it...now it's fine.

Electronics can be finicky...sometimes you need to unlink/link...sometimes you just need to give something a power cycle and it's fine. <rolls eyes>

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

benji888
Apprentice
*BUMP*

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Benji888,

I recommend resetting the Wi-Fi functions to their default settings, as descibed on page W-50, in the PowerShot ELPH 320 Getting Started Guide (It shows up as page 88 in the adobe reader).

You'll need to re-enable the Wi-Fi settings, but you'll be able to transfer to Facebook again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ok, tried this, same results, canon image gateway works, FB gets same error.

Hi Benji888,

Just to double-check, please ensure that you're able to manually log into Facebook, using your web browser.

If you're able to log in, please contact us so we may walk you through the camera settings, step by step.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I went back into the software on the computer, unlinked FB, went back, made sure it was deleted from camera, then I went back in and linked FB, save it...now it's fine.

Electronics can be finicky...sometimes you need to unlink/link...sometimes you just need to give something a power cycle and it's fine. <rolls eyes>

JZoehrer
Apprentice

I have had a Powershot ELPH 190is for a little over a year. We used it in the UK last October and it worked fine. Now I get a continual cannot connect to web service or web services need to be setup error. I have reset the web services several times and even reset the wifi settings. Wondering what to do now as I am on another trip and cannot upload to any of the web services. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi JZoehrer,

Thanks for posting.

You may access and change the "Web Services" on the Canon iMAGE Gateway. To access this, log into the Canon iMAGE Gateway (https://ps.ciggws.net/iims-front/cig/loginIims.do) and select your camera, then click on "Web Service Settings".

It's important that when you're on this site, please do not use your browser's "Back" arrow unless the site's back button is not present.

If there's no checkmark under "Settings Complete", click on the "* Settings" button to the right of the service that you're attempting to enable.

Once you've completed the settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page, then click on the SET button.

I'm having a similar issue.  When I'm on the Canon Image Gateway website (canon.com/cig) I was trying to set up my brand new PowerShot Elph 190 IS and I was on the Web Service Settings page.  I had no problem at all setting up Google Drive.  But then when I clicked on [To Facebook] it spins and spins and does nothing.  It does not connect me to facebook at all and so it does not allow me to log in to set up Facebook for my camera.  It never even gets me to the page to configure access settings. Can you help?  I've tried clearing cookies, disabling pop up blockers, refreshing page, everything I can think of.  Still have the same problem.  I really want to try to get the camera connected to my facebook so that I can upload photos directly to facebook.  It's not a WiFi problem because everything else with WiFi and the camera work great.   Please help...

Announcements