cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring via wifi - do you need to manually update settings on different wifi?

sjr6
Contributor

I have a Powershot SX620 HS. If you are tranferring images via wifi and you are using a different wifi connection (traveling for example), do you have to manually change the wifi network settings (switch network) every time? Ugh

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon product you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit), any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Stephen,

It is the Powershot SX620HS.

Are you able to also to answer my other question - is there a way to connect this camera directly to a Macbook verses always having to use wifi to transfer to smart phone or Gateway Library. I ask because if you have large movie files the transfer takes hours which is incredibly inconvenient! I have a new Macbook Pro.

Thank you!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Use a USB cable. Wi-Fi is slow. A card reader is even faster. Your MacBook Pro should have a built in reader.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:
Use a USB cable. Wi-Fi is slow. A card reader is even faster. Your MacBook Pro should have a built in reader.

Oh yes..... Let me say I’m a total Canon Advocate. From my earliest SX through a range of Video Cammies from the XM2 to the now outdated but strong workhorse of the XF300. But this SX WiFi!?! I’ve been all over this WiFi for the SX60hs and have my own hard-won opinions: The restricted Remote Shooting options for the SX60 makes this feature nothing more than hopeless and there’s no option to Review and Delete.

I’m now strongly of the opinion that this WiFi “feature” has been at best sloppily executed without the QA I’d have expected and at worst purely added to market appeal. Canon needs to update this Feature.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sjr6,

Thanks for posting.

Since you're travelling and using different access points, you'll need to manually select new access points when using a new one.

If your travels take you to locations in different time zones, please don't forget to update the date/ time settings, in your camera, to match those of the network you're using.

Since the Canon iMAGE Gallery has already been added to your camera, there's no need to change that, unless you've changed your account information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements