cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sx70 hs freezes

jaw1947
Contributor

Using single shot not overloading buffer camera has froze twice in 2 days.  Last shot in view finder no response to any input or even power off.  Had to remove battery to reset.  Anyone experiencing this, fix?

7 REPLIES 7

John_
Authority

One possible suspect would be your SD card. Use only a full-size SD card from a major manufacturer and only the type listed in your manual.

Hi There,

Yes, I would check to see if the problem happens with a different or with no SD card in the camera. If it still happens even with no SD card then it would be best to have the camera checked out by a repair center.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

jaw1947
Contributor
Was using micro with adapter, will try full size SD.

jaw1947
Contributor
Had a Cain repair center about 40 mins away,close down now.

Had a Canon repair center Jamesburg, NJ but has closed.

PaddlePups
Apprentice

Had this happen with sx60 as well; had to return for warranty replacement. Happened with my first SX70, too...lens freeezes, usually extended, then have to remove battery to turn off and get it to retract. Has happend once with this, my repacement SX70 (canon warranty)...it appers to be a defect withthis whole seriesof cameras.

Thanks freezing more often so contact Canon site provided info and got online est to repair $279.00.  It's now out of warranty so that makes it uneconomical to repair.  Like the camera used to be my go to light carry around zoom but now just occasionally used with the freezing up trouble.

Announcements