cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sx510 HS authenticate code

whitetie1
Apprentice

Trying to enter my Authenticate code from my camera to canon image gateway where it says camera link setting. When I enter the code from my camera when I enter the code  and press enter it says it is invalid, not sure what I'm doing wrong seems sample and stright forward not sure what I'm doing wrong as I have done it a number of times. Can't make it past this part ...  Help!!

8 REPLIES 8

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Whitetie1,

The issue you've encountered may be with the Canon iMAGE Gateway.  It was undergoing scheduled maintenance yesterday and earlier today.  Please try logging into the Canon iMAGE Gateway using your web browser.  If you're able to do so, you should also be able to send images to Facebook.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Still  am unable to connect computer to camera.

i am also having trouble authinticating my sx510.  everytime i go through the steps to authenticate, it says "busy" and then the next page says Set Date/Time.  the date and time are already set.  any help on how to proceed?

Hi Hippiesista:

For assistance with the connection to the Canon iMAGE Gateway, please contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem with my SX510. I have sucessfully attached to my wifi and I have downloaded the software to my surface in readiness to share photos.  But the camera tells me busy evety time and switches to Set date and time

I just got off the phone with Canon technical support. We double checked the date/time setting on the camera and to my surprise I had the year set at 2013, but the other interesting thing was they said I had to turn ON daylight savings time. It worked and I was able to see the Authenticate code on the camera.

Rock thats good info thanks for sharing that !

golddiane
Apprentice

I can't find my Authentication Code.  I have tried entering the very small number on the camera, as well as 3 different numbers on the box.  Where is the code, please?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements